Rearing clownfish?

Highclimber23

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
So before my 120 started leaking, my clownfish were actually spawning. Was wondering if anybody in the Denver area is successfully rearing any clownfish fry? If so what is your setup like?

I am currently rearing clownfish as well as tinkering with some other species of marine fish. Are you interested in the parents set up? or the fry set up? or the grow out set up?

Highclimber23

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm good on the setups I think. I was wondering about the parents spawning again now that they have moved tanks. The new display is set up and they are in it and still bonded. Wondering how long if at all before they start spawning again.

I had my pairs set up at my house, then moved them over to a retail location to allow for the expansion of my breeding, it took some pairs over half a year to spawn again and some didnt skip a spawn. My guess would be that they will spawn again, in given time. Being in a reef tank they might not have found the "right" spot yet, but when they do they should start spawning again. If you want to speed up the process then put them in a separate tank that is just them and a clay pot, you can plumb it to your reef tank, and the lack of distractions should allow them to spawn sooner.

I have pulled eggs from a display, they have usually laid on a small enough rock that I could remove it. As for catching fry that have already hatched, I have pulled out cling fish fry from a display as well as damselfish fry. The hardest part of pulling them after they hatch is the tank mates, because they decide to eat them most of the time.