Sea Star ID

Kind of looks like a brittle star to me... but has 6 arms, and the bristles look more like spikes than a brittle star's bristles. Pale green coloring with little red stripes.

This thing is small enough to fit on a dime. Hence the poor focus. It was another one of my hitch hikers.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If its really small it's probably those ones that are on rocks all the time I don't know the name I used to have a bunch until my tank crashed they were never harmful actually great scavengers

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Too funny, I was just about to ask for an ID on these too. About an hour ago I saw what looked like an oddly colored bristleworm poking out of my live rock. I moved in with the flashlight and a short pair of tweezers after lights out. I was intrigued as it wrapped around them...so intrigued that I didn't notice the other 3 arms poking out of 2 different holes in the live rock...at least not until one of them wrapped around my finger.

Yes...I freaked out. Glad they are scavengers and not mini people eaters.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;152932 said:
Too funny, I was just about to ask for an ID on these too. About an hour ago I saw what looked like an oddly colored bristleworm poking out of my live rock. I moved in with the flashlight and a short pair of tweezers after lights out. I was intrigued as it wrapped around them...so intrigued that I didn't notice the other 3 arms poking out of 2 different holes in the live rock...at least not until one of them wrapped around my finger.

Yes...I freaked out. Glad they are scavengers and not mini people eaters.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
LOL!