Store Burglarized

Here is a small video. Please go to Aquamartonline to see all of them.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1455622124652936

I'd like to inform you and ask to be on the look out for our supplies. Last night a guy broke in and took the following items:

AI Vega one
AI Hydra 52 two of them
AI Director two of them
AI controller three of them

Echotech Marine
MP 60 one
MP 40 three

CAD TIA-1220 skimmer

And here's the surprise.... One large Yellow tang.

Looks to me as if he is setting up a large system by the items he took. Its my hope that he try's to sell the other directors or controllers. All of these items have serial numbers on them and will be tracked. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Lakewood Police case #14-1891 303-987-7002

Thank you,

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ah man, Sorry to hear this, hope you catch him. Will certainly keep my eyes open for anything in that list

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll be keeping my eyes peeled, for sure. Sounds like you're right about him setting it up for himself. That'll make it harder to find. However, that kind of precision theft undoubtedly means he cased the place, so he may be on earlier video footage checking out the store and deciding what he was going to steal.

A yellow tang?? REALLY?? pitiful.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Will Keep an eye out for any new builds or Craigslist listings too.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Wow Wow Wow!!!! Sorry to hear of this Jeff and staff, I hope you are able to catch the low life who did this and he is prosecuted to the max!!!!!!! Hard to believe there are people in this hobby that would do such a thing!!!! Hopefully you were able to catch them on video or something. If so and you get the ok from authorities, post it up here and we also post it on our Facebook page so we can all keep a watch out for this person.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Unreal that someone would do this. Sorry to hear and I hope there isn't much impact to the business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, Im sorry to hear that! Thats just ridiculous. Any idea if it was 1 person or possibly more?

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is crazy how specific the items were. I hope it was so specific they get caught. A fish, really? Do you have cameras? Might be a thought for the future, i installed them in my business after a break in.

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is total bs. I hope you catch the thieves. Cindy hit that right on, you most likely have video of them/ he/she walking by each product and they probably even inquired about the tang to your staff.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow! I can not believe some people! Do you have and pics of him/her in the action? If so post it on Facebook as it will spread like wild fire!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Fellow reefers...
I cannot tell you the feeling I personally had when I pulled up to Aquamart and saw our front door window smashed in. Then to sit with Jeff and watch the video footage of this guy climbing in the front door, breaking into display cases, planning a getaway...it made me absolutely sick to my stomach! It was a very planned and calculated attack. He knew exactly what he was doing, exactly where to find things, and exactly how to get away undetected. He was completely concealed from head to toe. Complete and total garbage. I was filled with rage, sadness, and absolute disgust at the same time. Jeff is a great man who works very hard to keep Aquamart at the top. We as staff try to follow his example and do the same. We spend more time at the store than we do in our own homes. This is a total punch in the gut. I cannot believe that someone in this hobby would go to this extreme over some dry goods, a couple fish, and some coral frags. It disgusts me to the core. Complete and total violation. Please help us find this person. The video surveillance is not that great. Yes you see him but he was completely covered from head to toe. We will throw whatever help we can out there. Thank you for all the help. It is nice to know that people out there truly do care.

Unbelievable! The extreme measures people will go to, just sickening. Having your personal space violated would be harder to deal with than the value of the goods. I don't get to buy much from you guys because of the distance I live from there. But I stop in as much as possible because of the quality of the store and more importantly the people there. I wish you guys the best of luck!

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
You would have thought he would hit the Apex case right inside the front door if he was looking for things to move for cash, and that helps confirm that this guy was looking for items for his own tank.

Sorry to hear about this Jeff. You guys have always been great. If there is anything the community can do (other than keep an eye out for the items of course) then just let us know.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I bet you will have all of us scoping out Craigslist, fb and the forums! I would send revtree a PM to keep a look out on r2r and the mods at reef central.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sweat044

Butterfly Fish
I bet he forgot something. He may start posting looking for something or he may come back. I have never been in your store but I hate people that steal. I am sorry for your losses. I hope this person is caught and given severe punishment. We will be on the lookout in Colorado Springs as he may try and sell things south.