Tds reading in greeley

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
So ya know we all look at our tanks any chance Possiable! Well w that said I noticed thing a lil different looking mainly the anemones, so bought a tds meter and well not good! 289!! I have always usEd tap water treated w alpha from sea chem, I know call me crazy but it has worked w no problem till now! I pointing the problem at the high park fire, greeleys water supply from bel view and it has been affected by the fire so they are pulling it out of horse tooth resivour. Long story short I'm switching to ro just working out some details w mitch303 for his 5 stage BRS unit!

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
How were your nems looking different?

Punjab

Angel Fish
Over here, in FoCo, the water coming out of my garden hose has a TDS of only 43ppm. I have an RODI unit but with the water here it is definitely not necessary.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I get seasonal fluctuations in NW Denver depending upon the time of year since they switch water sources for my area. Lately it's been in the 60ppm range but gets as high as 180ppm in the winter.

I started using RO for all of my tanks over a year ago because the fluctuations were causing some serious problems with hardness building up in my soft-water planted tank. If you use tap water, it's definitely important to check your TDS at each water change to know what's going on...I think most municipalities in the front range switch water sources at least once a year. You can request a water quality report that will list sources and give an approximation of when they change sources; there's a very large difference in water quality at my house depending upon the time of year, so I stopped using tap altogether.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Charlie, I have more water made for you. Give me a ring if it'll help you.

(if you were serious about that monte I do want it! And will owe you big time)

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not sure if I'll need it today! But totally serious about the monti! I'll cut it and glue it down tonight then maybe tomarrow I can swing by for water! I'm hopeing to get the ro tomarrow!

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ShelbyJK500;176967 said:
Man I wish my tap was under 50ppm!!! I'm in the 450 range?!? No joke (wish it was)
Wholly ****!!! I thought tap supply was regulated at 400-??? Im in mead in new housing and ours was 36ppm last night. I tested my figi water @4.00 a bottle and it tested at 42ppm lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My Brighton supply is regularly at 250-300, but it spiked 2 days ago over 400 while I was making water!! Makes you wonder what you've been drinking all these years!?!?

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dbarnes;177007 said:
Wholly ****!!! I thought tap supply was regulated at 400-??? Im in mead in new housing and ours was 36ppm last night. I tested my figi water @4.00 a bottle and it tested at 42ppm lol.
LOL...that's what I said when I saw the fifth reading after I thought my TDS meter was busted!! US standards require under 500, most other "civilized" countries are 1000 or less. WOW, and I LOVE Fiji water (just can't afford it). I tested the cheapest water you can get bottled (Nestle I think) and it was 0ppm. ;)

Blazinjack;177011 said:
My Brighton supply is regularly at 250-300, but it spiked 2 days ago over 400 while I was making water!! Makes you wonder what you've been drinking all these years!?!?
Yup, I'm just south of you a bit. Is your water supply South Adams County Water/Sanitation?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
We test water all over the place obviously with work and by far the worst are as follows.
Englewood clinic 1000 mS/cm
Scottsbluff Nebraska 1300 mS/cm
Sterling 1500 mS/cm we have to run 2 water softeners and 2 huge carbon tanks that hold 28 cubic feet of carbon. Normally we run 12-16 cubic ft tanks. We have actually seen spikes in ph in grand junction and that's been our concern from the fires.