Thank You, Good Luck and We Wish You Nothing but THE VERY BEST in your NEW ADVENTURE!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Dear MASC Community…

It is with very, very mixed feelings that we announce the step down of our Vice President Khalis (aka Jahmic) from the Board of Directors. Khalis and his girlfriend Kathy will be moving to North Carolina here in the next few weeks to pursue a new adventure and their dreams of living on the east coast again. We are extremely sad to see him move away and yet extremely happy they are pursuing their goals and dreams. While we can’t ever imagine Khalis's very calm but intelligent presence on the forum or his activeness in the community going down, they have understandably decided to focus on the upcoming move and set aside the volunteering and time constraints of being members of the board.

We are certain, just as many of you who have met Khalis will agree, that he is one of the most giving, knowledgeable and friendly people you will ever meet in this hobby and club. He has been a tremendous asset to the community as well as a very key and integral part to the current Board of Directors.

We would like everyone’s help in thanking him for being such an outstanding member, inspiring advocate for our club, the numerous hours of volunteering and the tremendous contribution to the overall values of the club he has help us establish over the past couple of years.

Best wishes, thank you AND cheers friend!!!!

Respectfully,

Your MASC Board of Directors

Last edited by a moderator:

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Best of luck on the new chapter of your life! Safe travels!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
PLEASE try to stay in touch. You will be deeply missed, Khalis. You're easily one of the smartest, kindest, most amazing people I've met in my life. Mike and I wish you and Kathy the very best of adventures as you make this dream come true.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Since I joined you quickly became a good friend. I will certainly miss you and your insight/input, but wish you both the best of luck. Stay in touch my friend

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thank you all for the kind words! :)

I'll certainly miss being a part of this community. Ending up in saltwater started off as a somewhat unexpected experiment for me; Kathy convinced me to give it a try, and things took off from there. I stumbled onto the community while purchasing live rock from another member, and the warm welcome along with all of the insight provided from Day 1 definitely cemented my interest in the hobby.

Web-based communities for hobbyists are a dime a dozen...but a local community in which the majority of the active members go above and beyond in supporting each other is a rare find. Thank you all for contributing to the positive atmosphere that this community thrives on...if it weren't for those intentions, I don't think we'd see the continued influx of new reefers that become active, contributing club members. I can't even begin to name all of the people that have loaned out equipment to me or watched my tanks while I was away...let alone the long list of experienced, insightful individuals that have shared their knowledge along the way. I don't think I've ONCE seen a reply to a newbie thread that's said "do a search"...instead everyone races to help and provide as much info as possible...no matter how often that question may have been asked. That, to me, says a lot about the atmosphere here. :)

I'll unfortunately be stepping away from the hobby for a while; we're renting an apartment for a year while we look for a house out near Asheville, NC. Once we're settled in again, I'm sure I'll be wanting to get my hands wet. My last build convinced me to go the same route I did with my planted tanks in the future....namely setting up small biotopes or "species tanks". My nem tank came close to what I'd consider a species tank, but I'll probably take things a step further next time around. I'll be sure to share my next build once it's up and running. For now, thank you all for keeping me grounded over the past few years.