The Moorish Idol Journey

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Kris, call me. I'll be at CHS tending to the regal. He's battling tangs. I have a bag if clam meat and some other foods for you.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Awseome

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here is a short litlte video of the Idol and some footage of my reef, enjoy.

[video=youtube;z9a2nE2TJPQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9a2nE2TJPQ[/video]

Short update also:

The Idol is eating everything thrown into the tank and I mean everything! PE Mysis, Rods, Elite's frozen, NLS pellets, Nori etc.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Very cool.
Love those clowns. They have a large amount of black on the fins. I like the way they are hosting those palys.
The little guy seems to be happy and inquisitive.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jason,
Yep he is all over the place now and seems real happy. I've had the trap in the tank the last 2 days and like you said, I could have trapped just about every fish but the one I want! Heck the Idol thinks it is its home, he is always in there! The anthias however hasn't warmed up to it yet, go figure.

Aaron,
Thanks! I just threw it together real quick with my android and vegas pro. I will probably take the time in the near future to make a quality video.

Gale,
I love my clowns. I got them from Aquamart and they where in a tank with about 30 other clowns. I picked out the 2 most colorful ones in the tank and surprisingly he was able to net them in the chaos! The coloring is so good they almost look like true percs to me. They love their palys and are vary territorial of them. The clowns have black marks all over them from the paly stings. They need a bubble tip BAD.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Im really holding out for a sunburst, the price hasn't been quite right yet though. The only sunburst I would be willing to spend over $150 for would be Aarons. I met a guy Will who owns Premier fish & Reef and he had sunbursts for $75 but only had 2 at the time I went to see them. One was way too small and the other was way too big. He said he had more but never got back to me... I am waiting patiently for Aarons to split though :)

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
doh! you shoulda got the big one and used a razor blade on it. Could have sold one for more than you paid hehe.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;75113 said:
Im really holding out for a sunburst, the price hasn't been quite right yet though. The only sunburst I would be willing to spend over $150 for would be Aarons. I met a guy Will who owns Premier fish & Reef and he had sunbursts for $75 but only had 2 at the time I went to see them. One was way too small and the other was way too big. He said he had more but never got back to me... I am waiting patiently for Aarons to split though :)
Wow 75 for a sunburst is awesome price! Did you not like mine!?:( Also awesome video!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;75191 said:
Wow 75 for a sunburst is awesome price! Did you not like mine!?:( Also awesome video!
I was in such a rush when i was at your house that I didnt really have time to enjoy anything you had :(

Do you have a sunburst for sale? I thought I only say RBTA's.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
A few years ago, a member of the club had a meeting at her house and fragged a rose bubble tip.
Took a razor, cut it in half through the mouth, done LOL
Both halves were closing in on itself before we left.
I'd probably be a little paranoid with a $300 anemone too though :D

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
wicked demon;75192 said:
I am WAY to chicken to cut it, but I am trying salinity swings and massive over feeding.
I have heard starving it works better. The theory is if the anemone thinks if it would split, one would have a better chance of living.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok back on topic;

Just got home a little bit ago and the Idols streamer grew at least 2 inches in less than 24 hours! So cool, I hope it stays that way. I don't see any fish nipping at it but I am concerned one of these times its going to get caught up in one of my MP40's. Might be a good time to put on the sponges around the wetside!

here is a pic, I know its blurry but I wanted to show you guys how big the streamer is now

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
If I remember right, it is actually a defense mechanism. The idea is predator's would try to bite the streamer instead of the fish. That is why it grows back so fast. Kind of like a lizard tail.