Trip September 7 through the 9th

I got word that everything is now set for a trip to Denver. Paul Steen of Helms-Briscoe and myself will fly out Friday complimentary of Visit Denver, the Sheraton, and the Hyatt. Both of us will be staying at the Sheraton Friday night. Paul is going to fly home Saturday while I stay until Sunday. Saturday night I will be staying at the Hyatt. All hotel rooms are complimentary.

Paul and I should be at the Sheraton around noon on Friday. We are supposed to have lunch with some of the Sheraton and Visit Denver folks and then tour the Sheraton. After we tour the Sheraton, we are going to tour the Hyatt. You all are welcome to join us. I just need a head count of who is coming. And supposedly they want to give us a tour of the Denver Aquarium Saturday morning around 10:00. After that, I am free to do whatever you all want until my flight home Sunday.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Sounds Great. I will Plan to attend the meeetings with you and Paul.

If you can provide the timing that would be great. (Maybe the around noon is all the more you know at this point.) Also do you and Paul need to be picked up at the airport? If so we can work that out too.

Adam

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's great to hear. Would be interested in heading to the aquarium with you and lunch/dinner with you guys. Think I will leave the hotel meetings up to Adam since he is heading up the task to get that stuff taken care of.

amonchak;183722 said:
Sounds Great. I will Plan to attend the meeetings with you and Paul.

If you can provide the timing that would be great. (Maybe the around noon is all the more you know at this point.) Also do you and Paul need to be picked up at the airport? If so we can work that out too.

Adam
Around noon for lunch is all I know right now, but as things get more firmed up, I will update. By the way, you all should probably have my cell phone number (412-327-3805) for coordination once there.

I don't think I will need a ride from the airport on Friday, but may need one to the airport Sunday. I am not sure if the hotels have shuttles.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
That should work. My cell number is (720)-261-1991. Call or text is fine.

We'll coordinate as the date gets closer.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm happy to offer up transportation services on Sunday for you Steven. Easy jaunt out to the airport for me (my home away from home). The hotels don't offer free shuttle service to the airport, but instead use Super Shuttle for a fee.

My Friday is booked during the day till 4pm. Saturday I'll be helping Capp out on his new opening hours for a bit, till 3 or so.... Sunday is open all day. Happy to join in with dinner, discussions, beverages any afternoon/evening or anytime Sunday. (303)641-8443

-Rob

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
that0neguy1126;183728 said:
Think I will leave the hotel meetings up to Adam since he is heading up the task to get that stuff taken care of.
I'd encourage as many of the MACNA committee that can attend to attend as we all will be working on everything anyways.

Steven I also already spoke to you about my schedule. I most of my evenings booked on Friday and Saturday, but I _should_ be open during the nights! Also Sunday is totally open for me. It looks like Sunday might be the best option to try and get together as a whole group before you leave for the airport? If not one of the other nights we should so that we can answer any other questions we might have, so that Steven can look at the questions and powerpoint, etc!

I just received this:

Visit Denver is in the process of booking flights to Denver. Please see below for the tentative itinerary:

• Our flights arrive at Denver International on Friday 9/7 between 8 AM & 10 AM
  • We will both be transported to the Sheraton and arrive approx. at 11:30 AM
  • The Hyatt will sponsor lunch at approx. 12:30 PM followed by a full site tour
  • We will make our way back to the Sheraton at approx. 3:30 PM in preparation for a 4 PM Sheraton site tour
  • Upon conclusion of the Sheraton site tour will be dinner
  • We are planning to tour the Denver Aquarium Saturday morning

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can be available for the Sheraton tour on Friday.

-Rob

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I will be available to attend the Hyatt and Sheraton tours. Steven do you know if it is the Grand Hyatt or the Hyatt Regency in downtown Denver?

So far Adam and Rob can join us for the tours on Friday. They are asking for names by this afternoon. I will check back later tonight and see if anyone else is available and wants to come before submitting names.

And, if someone wants to get added later, I can't imagine that would be a major problem. I don't know why they need a count now when this is 2 weeks away.

amonchak;183865 said:
I will be available to attend the Hyatt and Sheraton tours. Steven do you know if it is the Grand Hyatt or the Hyatt Regency in downtown Denver?
In the email I have, it is referred to as the Hyatt Regency Denver, but we are all meeting at the Sheraton.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Adam Monchak -- MASC Treasurer / MACNA Committee Memebr

Rob Mougey -- MACNA Committee Member

Anyone else plan to attend?

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Steven Pro;183883 said:
In the email I have, it is referred to as the Hyatt Regency Denver, but we are all meeting at the Sheraton.
I would expect that it is the Hyatt next to the convention center... it's the newer of the two hotels.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
That sounds right as according to google the Hyatt Regency is the closer of the two to the convention center.

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I cant make the meeting as this is the weekend of the Long's Peak Scottish Festival in Estes Park, and Carissa and I already have tickets and hotels booked for the weekend! Sorry gang, but If i can help via phone or email I will be available!

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll be able to make lunch and the tour of the Hyatt on Friday, but I'll have to leave before the tour of the Sheraton for birthing classes. On Saturday I _might_ be able to do a morning tour of the aquarium, it all depends on when that is, as the last of the birthing classes starts at 1pm that day. If not the morning stuff, I can do something for dinner that night after the classes. Sunday I'm totally open.

Juan Muro - Ex Officio

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jake is available for the tour and knows the Aquarium folks quite well, having held the past 5 Reefstock events there.

hurrafreak;183993 said:
I'll be able to make lunch and the tour of the Hyatt on Friday, but I'll have to leave before the tour of the Sheraton for birthing classes. On Saturday I _might_ be able to do a morning tour of the aquarium, it all depends on when that is, as the last of the birthing classes starts at 1pm that day. If not the morning stuff, I can do something for dinner that night after the classes. Sunday I'm totally open.

Juan Muro - Ex Officio
So, in addition to Adam Monchack and Rob Mougey, Juan can join us for some of the stuff on Friday.