whats the difference

Can any one tell the difference between these two spectrum's??

I cant see a huge spectrum difference but there is a huge price difference?

Added a third one as well

Last edited by a moderator:

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
First and third pic are actinic only, hitting the 420 - 490 spectrum (purple), third pic seems to be a little better, hitting a bit more of the range, the middle one appears to be a blue, hitting the 420 - 490 (purple) as well as a slight bit in the 500 - 600 range (more yellow)

The first 2 will likely give you that glowing actinic look where as the middle one will probably give you a "cool" blue look.

Re: whats the difference

So if you were to put one on your tank what would you pick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The one with the better rep that you have heard other reefers are happy with - ideally, the one that you have seen and like the most. I have not always found that certain spectral graphs necessarily correspond to what bulbs produce - AKA, I think that some manufacturers are not completely honest.

No these are LEDs the reason I'm asking is I want to see if there is a really big difference with spectrum that is noticeable this is the same light manufacturer but huge price dif.

Anyone else? These three LEDs are made by kessil but there is a difference but don't want to tell just yet I want to see if we can tell just by the ratings