Which wp pump for a 40 breeder?

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm going to be upgrading to a 40 breeder pretty soon and was wondering which wp pump would be best for me. Was also wondering if it would be better to do two wp10's instead of just one of the larger ones. Any recommendations are really appreciated.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I have a 25 on my 75 g and it moves a lot of water. I'd say with an mp10 and a wp10 you would be pretty good

I'm setting up a 40 gallon breeder right now and got one WP 25, don't have water in the tank yet but can't imagine I will need any other power heads in the tank, one WP 40 made a huge wave in my 180

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;304755 said:
I have a 25 on my 75 g and it moves a lot of water. I'd say with an mp10 and a wp10 you would be pretty good
+1 I also have a wp25 on my 75g and it moves a ton of water the 40 I originally bought literally blew water out if my tank! I have a wp10 on my 29 gallon and it is to much flow by itself so I have to run it at 75%. I think you would be best with the wp10 especially if you plan on running the mp10 in there with it. HTH

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I agree with the WP10 + MP10 combo. Although my flow is lightly supplemented by a closed loop, the 2x MP10s and a WP10 supply plenty flow on my 85g cube. I tested the WP10 on my 20 long and had it running under 50% and was happy with the flow

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm thinking I might do 2 wp10s and the mp10 on the back wall. If it's too much I'll take one out of the mix. I just want really good random flow in the tank cause I plan on doing a lot of sps.