Who makes a rr rimless with starphire

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does anyone make a reef ready rimless with starphire? I know cadlights makes a 70 and a 100 i really like the looks of but im looking for any other options. looking to stay in the 70-120 max range.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
The cad 100 is really nice, so is the price. If you go custom try lee mar or DSA. Vince at great white aquatics can help with the DSA. Pretty reasonable. Cad and lee mar you can contact on your own.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
We can do DSA or Planet Aquarium out of Dallas. Let us know.

V

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Highway66;323376 said:
Dr didnt you buy a cadlights?
Yup, a custom. The 100 is something they always have in stock. I think they are super nice. The custom required dealing with customer service which leaves something to be desired.

Hodge Podge

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Deep Sea Aquatics makes the Neo 105 that is a nice looking stock sized aquarium. Not star fire glass but they look very well built. I am looking for a similar set up. Good luck!

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miracles makes a really nice rimless. It would be a custom order but their customer service is incredible.
mine was derived two or three weeks ahead of what I was quoted and I got regular updates and pics all along the way. Shipping from Canada sucks though

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ThunderTwonk;323579 said:
Miracles makes a really nice rimless. It would be a custom order but their customer service is incredible.
mine was derived two or three weeks ahead of what I was quoted and I got regular updates and pics all along the way. Shipping from Canada sucks though
Yeah i got a quote from miracles, 36x24x24 starphire, black silicone, center back overflow, shipped to CO $1350. I got them on the phone easily and they were really friendly and answered my questions. Im sure its really nice but i wont pay that much.

I couldn't get reef savvy on the phone but filled out the quote request online about a week ago and have not heard anything.

So far the cadlights 70 tank only is $720 shipped, best price i have found with everything i am looking for.

Im still on the fence about getting a bigger tank, i.e. Cadlights 100, but i love the 70 dimensions.

i also have vince at gw getting me a quote from his sources.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Reefsavvy is the best hands down! If you get in touch they'll talk your ear off too! But.... The tanks are pricey and they are like nine months out. He's not even getting a booth at macna he is so busy!

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah i have heard reef savvy makes the best and i havent seen their prices but im also a little scared to see them anyway. Do you think there would be deals to be had buying a tank at macna? I even thought about calling cadlights seeing if they are going to be at macna, ask them to make me a deal bring a 70 for display and they wont have to take it home.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Reef Savvy took about 3 weeks to call me back after filling out the form. When they called I had actually forgotten I had even filled out their form. I know their tanks are awesome but that alone made me decide against them. When I commented on how long it took them to call me back I was told they had all been sick. I'm sure they will call you back eventually but I wonder what excuse they will give you.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Highway66;323588 said:
Yeah i have heard reef savvy makes the best and i havent seen their prices but im also a little scared to see them anyway. Do you think there would be deals to be had buying a tank at macna? I even thought about calling cadlights seeing if they are going to be at macna, ask them to make me a deal bring a 70 for display and they wont have to take it home.
Just heard back from Cadlights about Fragtoberfest and was told they would not be at MACNA this year.

I would suggest you stay away from AGE/The fish gallery. The worse experience with any vendor/store I have ever had in my life fish or otherwise. All though I now have a tank from them that holds water it was a long miserable experience.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
powdermonkey;323714 said:
I would suggest you stay away from AGE/The fish gallery. The worse experience with any vendor/store I have ever had in my life fish or otherwise. All though I now have a tank from them that holds water it was a long miserable experience.
I guess I was lucky AGE wouldnt even consider making my 200. It was too small.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
powdermonkey;323714 said:
How many gallons is your tank?