wow sad day....

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
It is a sad day to see all of the work that we as a committee did to get our clubs' MACNA bid in be maligned and twisted into what the debate is currently about. To think that these idiots whining about the clubs use of $400 when there is a potential to make a minimum of $30,000 from the conference is just unbelievable. All our blood sweat and tears over the past couple of months for not. What do we do now fellas?

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I am working on fixing everything give me time

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I agree, but people don't know about MACNA. Sad to see that all the work Juan put in probably won't get recognized.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Scott. Text me if you need me to do anything.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
But he can be as we will define subcommittees are appointed by the bod

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Assuming he wants to, I think he needs to be apart of it inorder to have any success

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Yeah I agree that at this point macna for masc is all but a dream. All that work and for what?

I would agree that without the original group from the macna bid the masna folks are going to have lots of questions and we'll have lots of explaining to do.

I also am not sure on Rob's intentions but the way he was treated I would not be supprised if he is not interested in participating any longer.

And Scott do you really think Juan would be willing to participate? After all of this?

I don't know what ace you have up your sleeve Scott but it better be a good one.

I hope this is still possible but am not sure what to think at this point.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jon... it was amazing to watch wasn't it. Eating our young. All that work is pretty much lost.... and the accusations were simply allowed to run far too long. A few folks successfully ruined it for everyone.

So do I think that the MACNA bid is dead... yeah... it's pretty damn close. I have no faith that MASC can handle the requirements and responsibilities based on what I've seen over the past couple of days.

As far as Adam's comment, I agree that I was treated quite badly by both Aaron and Derek for no reason that I can ascertain. I sent a PM to Scott where I suggested that a very public apology, in the forums would be a start. It needs to come from Derek.

Is it possible to move forward? Maybe... but I'm not holding my breath. I certainly don't feel the love.... and I certainly have no faith in the ability for us to deliver in these current conditions. That's assuming of course that MASNA hasn't already looked at this and thought, what were we thinking!

I also agree that Juan was instrumental to our effort. I'm not sure what his feelings are going forward, but I would guess he is as enthused as I am.

Sad indeed Jon.... what a waste.

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
And Jesus Christ I didn't make a bloody deal out of buying pizza for the committee on my own dime, nor did rob, when he brought beers to the meetings, or when we grilled for everyone. It's unfortunate that because someone got his feelings hurt he felt it necessary to air his grievances publicly, and cause this drama as a result! And Aaron and Derek's childish actions in the face of this adversity just solidifies the boards decision to remove them. This childishness could have erupted at any time! It is unfortunate that this club is so clique-ish. I am seeing people who havent posted for some time come out of the woodwork to stir the pot. If this costs us the bid, I think Derek and Aaron should be forced to pay the charges for Adam to travel to Dallas to present, but seeing as how Aaron couldn't even pay mdrumm for the tank he bought and then resold, good luck!