1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Craigars 975 gallon system

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by Craigar, Jan 4, 2015.

1. ayaws

ayaws Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

Hey Craigar,

Where is that tank in your house? On a foundation/concrete slab? In the basement? Just curious what you're doing with the weight. I'd eventually love to do something in the 300 range but would likely need to go in the basement. The 150XH on the main level is at the limit of my comfort level.

2. MartinsReef

MartinsReef Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

It is in his basement

3. ayaws

Cool, thanks! Any info on flooring reinforcement, structural configuration, or structural engineering? I want a big tank in my basement/theater but I'm a bit concerned about the weight...

4. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

If it's on the slab no reinforcement needed.

5. Craigar

Craigar Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Been a busy trying to get the aproval for a large garage on my property and I dont think its going to work out so I may be putting the house on the market tank may be taken down or sold with the house

6. static reef

static reef SCMAS Board Members S.C.M.A.S BOD

Bummer brother. Brighter side. Bigger house means a bigger build?

7. Tangs

Tangs Copepod

That's a part time job taking care of those .

8. FishTV

FishTV Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

Craig's runs on autopilot :)

9. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Bump?!?

10. Craigar

I'll update it this weekend got to do a waterchange and scrape glass lol

11. Craigar

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]quick cell pics

12. Craigar

After not touching it(at all) for over a year.

13. Craigar

Been quite a while since I've been on. Tank is in recovery mode right now. We went on vacation pretty much all of Nov and my skimmer pump went out. I lost 90 percent of my sps. I took four 5 gallon buckets of sps skeletons out. Done 900 gallons of water changes since Dec 1st[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

If o have given you corals and still have them I would love to get some frags back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

14. ayaws

Hey Craigar,

I have a ginormous (8") poscillopora, (please take the whole thing) and a big green slimer in great need of a haircut you're welcome to. Also have some larger acro stuff that could take a trim. Stylophora, etc. On the LPS front, I could certainly do away with a big toxic candycane or give the hammer and torch a trim. Might even chop off some of my red planet if you'd like.

Let me know --

Adam

15. Craigar

That's very genourous of you do you have pics? Text me if you can 72023397six 4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

16. ayaws

I will get some iPhone shots tonight and text you. Sorry for the delay!

17. ayaws

Pics sent!

18. CRW Reef

CRW Reef Orca M.A.S.C Club Member ex-officio

Well is there still some saltwater in your house brother? You sure had a wicked awesome and BEAUTIFUL system my friend!!!

JuanGutz likes this.
  19. Craigar

It’s still up and running trying to get back into the swing of things here’s some pics

20. Craigar

8A7A82E4-A870-4E10-9AA6-502D58939F77.jpeg

Attached Files:

natanitelite and Robbiekrause33 like this.