I like MR.Coral

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
all of it was dead? my buddy cody ordered some chalice and zoas a few weeks ago and got it all. huh! I saw some of it yesterday and I thought it was a great deal.

I love Mr Coral. Everything you see in the picture I paid $50 for. My clam has grown a great deal. You will not find deals like that anywhere else. Some of his things do melt though. I had a couple of frags of zoas melt and two acro frags come in bleached. They're coloring up though. His blastos melt as well. But his favias, acans, ricordia, chalices, they're all doing great.

Customer service is hit or miss. I talked to a great guy on the phone who called me but dealt with a douche on e-mail who still has to get back to me on my blasto frag. Not holding my breath.

My clam looks crappy in that picture it was just opening up. I was actually trying to take a picture of the ricordia which just shows what a crappy photographer I am. A big derasa and 6 ricordia for $50 shipped is not a bad deal but you have to be careful of ordering zoas from him IMO.

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Josh did you order one of these zoa frag packs?,and were they all dead? my bro cody's chalices came in with a ton of color lookin' good, especially for 10$

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
At least he ships on time, I bought sticks from sc during their live sale a few months backs...still waiting on them to be shipped. I ordered before the flooding.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Was out visiting my brother in maryland and stopped by the retail location. Its a nice little store with some great stuff and you just can't beat his $10 section.

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;94142 said:
One of those things too good to be true! The frags looked like they were cut glued and put in a bag to ship!
This is what I keep hearing. Ships them as soon as he cuts them!

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;94150 said:
His pics look like he just cut and glued, don't know if anyone else had noticed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Wow never noticed that. Just looked on his site and it looks like he cuts the coral then glue them then take pics and ships

Last spring, I ordered a 20 pack of corals for $100 dollars including shipping from Mr. Coral. It contained 17 zoanathids, 2 chalices, and a dendro. The zoas were 1-3 heads (tiny tiny) and nearly half of them fell off of the frag plugs within the first couple of days and were lost. A year later, everything is dead except for a couple zoas and a chalice. If you considered how much stuff lived, $100 dollars for three tiny zoanthid frags and a small chalice is not a great deal!!

My wife says we should have bought an extremely nice colony size coral locally.

I've had great luck with his chalices, favias and acans. Zoanthids and blastos not so much.

Things are freshly cut even though he says he keeps them around for I think 10 days before he ships out. I have my doubts.

Frags are small but then again what do you expect for $10? Mr Coral is a good way to get some nicer corals for little money. You take a chance with the freshly cut stuff but then again you take a chance whenever you order stuff or buy local. I had a wellso I bought from Gonzo turn into brown jelly. Those of us who bought clams at D&G, quite a few of them died. The Wet thumbs group order had DOAs. If I remember correctly DJKMS bought colonies from LiveAquaria that ended up dying.

Ordering from Mr Coral can be hit or miss. Here's a $10 chalice I'm quite happy with.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Even SC's picture looks faded, washed out, bleached, nutrient deprived whatever you want to call it.

Sexy coral

How it should look!!!

I think anytime you take a coral from one system to another your taking a gamble. I would guess I lost probably half of the SPS I have ordered online. I also attribute it to my system being so new when I acquired the corals.

Did you ask around here if anyone had a frag of strawberry shortcake before ordering? I bet someone on masc or scmas would have broke you off a piece for a fraction of the cost.

IMO places like Sexy Coral and World wide corals are the scum of the industry and R2R is the cesspool they all swim in together. These asshats take common corals put some stupid name on it and sell it on R2R for triple what they paid for it then the clown car of comments arrive and say stuff like "Good price bro!" on a 1 1/2" chalice for $500.

Sorry, i will get off my soapbox now. Sorry to hear about your coral Jamie, did you contact them for refund, replacement?