Its On! Martin's Reef ADA 60-P Nano Build

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Its On! Martin's Reef ADA 60-P Nano Build

ryan;240161 said:
Is your bulkhead in the overflow completely submerged? How do you determine the height of the hole compared to the water level?
It is completely submerged. I hole drilled plus the depth of the over flow box -1/4"

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Today is the 90 day mark of this little nano build and I have battled some nuance algae temp issues, ph issues and now cyno! So this little tank has tried my patience but I will prevail! I just ordered all new filters and media for my RO unit as my tds is 190 on the out!!!!! OOPS, lol.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Its On! Martin's Reef ADA 60-P Nano Build

190 tds will do it! I'd better check mine before I start filling my 215.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Dr.HarlemTutu;250858 said:
That's still
The best stand around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man!

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Well the tank looks like total crap since my Radion went out of commission! I got the new one up today. Hopefully I can get the colors of my corals to come back.
However, l just may take take the tank down for a day and get rid of the stupid black sand! I HATE IT!

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

I think its going bye bye on sun day!!!!

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Been a while since I updated this thread so here we go. A few months back say four or five my nano started to look horrible and zoas started to melt. So I took a drastic move and gave most of my corals to FinsUp and Bajamike to hold and have.

I started to do water changes after water changes with no change to the algae outbreak and the low ph and one to mention that my radion went out again. First time the fan and then the drive. However got it upgraded for a few pennies this last time and now it a gen 2.

I got so frustrated that I stopped everything for two months and did absolutely nothing but add top off water. Then it dawned on me that when I got the light back from ecotech that I never checked the intensity of the light!!! I checked the timers but not the intensity. It was at 100% so pretty much cooked everything and causing algae to bloom like crazy.

So with that fixed around the first of the year and weekly water changes things are looking a lot better but still have a tiny bit of cyano.

I did another water change and maintenance to the skimmer and reactors today.

The tank as it is today.
View attachment 17916 View attachment 17917 View attachment 17918 View attachment 17919

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk