• Yes +1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Alright everyone! We handed out tons of fliers for this yesterday and had a few hanging from various vendor booths!! Here is a little bit more information on the 1st ever Colorado Tri-Club meeting - The Rocky Mountain Marine Conference & Swap!!! All 3 clubs have decided to combine all 3 of their largest meetings of the year into one awesome event for EVERYONE!!!!

April 16th - FREE ADMISSION!!!! 10Am - 6PM
Highlands Ranch High School
9375 Cresthill Ln (Corner of University & Cresthill, just East of I-25 & Lincoln)
Highlands Ranch, CO 80130-4408

Speakers
We will also have an array of speaking presentations going on throughout the day! Our first confirmed speaker is Joe Thompson "thejrc." His presentation is - "Basement Biologists - How Hobbyists are changing the face of research as we know it!" He said he will give us something "different" than your ordinary presentation, maybe with a little hands on interaction!​

There are still more details to come as far as speakers go, but we know that you will be pleasantly surprised!!!​

Science Fair
The 3 participants of this years 1st Annual MASC Science Fair will be displaying their projects. As stated before, ALL three of the participants will be featured in a future edition of Reef Hobbyist Magazine! All of you, the attendee's, will have a chance to check out the projects, judge them, and then cast a vote to see who will win the "popular" vote. This will also be the time that the MASC board releases all of the science fair projects to our special judges (Matt Pedersen, Bob Fenner) who will ultimatly decide the grand prize winner. The grand prize winner recieves a FREE trip to MACNA 2011! Hotel provided by our own JontheFB owner of Fathom Aquatics, and the flight will be provided by Aqua Medic of North America! The winner will also recieve free entree to MACNA 2011 and will get to display their winning project in the Reef Hobbyist Magazine MACNA booth!!

Demo's
1. Fragging Workshop: This intereactive demo will be $10 for all club members and $20 for any club non member. Each club (DARC, MASC, SCMAS) determines who is a club member and who isn't a club member so if you have any questions please contact your board. There will be different groups, something like an morning one and a later one! I also will be putting a "sign up" in here once all the details are worked out!! Here is a "sample" of what may be in the workshop

easy-acro/monti
moderate-zoas, mushroom -soft coral
difficult-chalice, acan, or favia any brittle structure LPS

Great news!!! Our fraggin workshop will be spearheaded by Wicked "Aaron" Demon and will be Spnosored by Boston Aqua Farms!!!!!!!! They will be providing: Glue, accelerator, epoxy, bone cutterts, scalpals or scissors, plugs, and discs!! This is HUGE guys!! We aren't sure how many workshops we would like to have but for now we will start with two. Remember to sign up now as there might not be space in the future!!! Let me know and I will add you to the list!!

1. Projectx 6.
2. Scuba Steve 7.
3. B-Willz 8.
4. 9.
5. 10.

1. 6.
2. 7.
3. 8.
4. 9.
5. 10.

Also, if you are interested in holding a demo, we have been asked to try and find someone to do a DIY demo, PLEASE contact the MASC board and we will try and work out the details with you!!

Frag Swap
As always there will be a frag swap! Here is the list of the vendors that we have so far. If you would like to be a part of the frag swap please let us know and we can add you to the list! Remember, "older/used" equipment can also be sold, so if you've got anything lying around in the garage bring it on over and help someone else out!!​

Aquatic Art
ReefKoi
Steel City Corals
Mile High Aquatics
Build Your Tank
MTS
Gonzo's Coral Frags
Premier Aquatics
Boston Aqua Farms
Aqua Medic of North America
FCDenzReef
Blue Diamon
Blue Diamond Aquatics
Raffle
1. 2x2 Frag Tank
2. Dry Goods (will change once specified)
3. Test Kits
4. Various additives (will change once specified)
5. Reef Nutrition Sample Packs
6. Blue Diamond Aquatics Gift Certificate (specializes in CUC)
7. I believe x5 Framed Prints from TheJRC
http://www.copepodgeek.com/newpics/f...f/IMG_0841.jpg

Remember, ALL PROCEEDS will be donated to Highlands Ranch High school for their awesome dedication to this hobby, and to help maintain the tanks and the reef club that they have at their school!!​

Please if you have any questions you can post them here OR you can contact any one of the clubs' board members. There will be more details to come as the date draws nearer and nearer!!!

HRHS Coordinator: Mike Ryan
D.A.R.C - d.a.r.c@comcast.net
MASC - board@marinecolorado.org

Last edited by a moderator:

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;82427 said:
If by signing up for the frag workshop you mean to learn, count me in, wife would probably like to be there to learn as well.
Not exactly sure what that means?? The rules/price are above the signup.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I suppose my wife would have to pay? As a non club member? Or could I pay for the both of us and she can watch or I watch and she participates? What exactly are we paying for? Do we get coral or fragging tools or are we paying to learn only? You did say Boston Aqua Farms is providing glue, cutters, etc but is that for the workshop only or do we get to keep the tools we use?

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;82427 said:
If by signing up for the frag workshop you mean to learn, count me in, wife would probably like to be there to learn as well.
Again, not sure what is meant here by the "you mean to learn" phrase?? Wicked will be teaching. Shall I add you and your wife??

projectx;82429 said:
Put me in for the frag "class" too
I'll add your name to the workshop.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;82431 said:
I suppose my wife would have to pay? As a non club member? Or could I pay for the both of us and she can watch or I watch and she participates? What exactly are we paying for? Do we get coral or fragging tools or are we paying to learn only? You did say Boston Aqua Farms is providing glue, cutters, etc but is that for the workshop only or do we get to keep the tools we use?
For you it would be $10 and for the wife it would be $20 as she is a "non member." There will not be enough "tools" for "everyone." There will be tables of 3-4 depending on size of the workshop. We hopefully be raffling off all of the tools that were used in this workshop, but I'm not exactly sure yet. You will get to keep ALL of the frags you are working with though. Hopefully, 1 easy, 1 moderate, and 1 extreme.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ahh ok, makes sense. Just wasnt sure what the $10 was for... The wife does all the fragging and $30 doesn't make sense for the both of us. Let me see what she wants to do, dont hold a space for either of us yet. Thanks for the clarification Juan :)

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;82435 said:
Ahh ok, makes sense. Just wasnt sure what the $10 was for... The wife does all the fragging and $30 doesn't make sense for the both of us. Let me see what she wants to do, dont hold a space for either of us yet. Thanks for the clarification Juan :)
It's also for learning, and to help curb the cost of putting on the event of course lol. Just let me know if you want to be on the list.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;82426 said:
Alright everyone! We handed out tons of fliers for this yesterday and had a few hanging from various vendor booths!! Here is a little bit more information on the 1st ever Colorado Tri-Club meeting - The Rocky Mountain Marine Conference & Swap!!! All 3 clubs have decided to combine all 3 of their largest meetings of the year into one awesome event for EVERYONE!!!!

April 16th - FREE ADMISSION!!!!
Highlands Ranch High School
9375 Cresthill Ln (Corner of University & Cresthill, just East of I-25 & Lincoln)
Highlands Ranch, CO 80130-4408

Speakers
We will also have an array of speaking presentations going on throughout the day! Our first confirmed speaker is Joe Thompson "thejrc." His presentation is - "Basement Biologists - How Hobbyists are changing the face of research as we know it!" He said he will give us something "different" than your ordinary presentation, maybe with a little hands on interaction!​

There are still more details to come as far as speakers go, but we know that you will be pleasantly surprised!!!​

Science Fair
The 3 participants of this years 1st Annual MASC Science Fair will be displaying their projects. As stated before, ALL three of the participants will be featured in a future edition of Reef Hobbyist Magazine! All of you, the attendee's, will have a chance to check out the projects, judge them, and then cast a vote to see who will win the "popular" vote. This will also be the time that the MASC board releases all of the science fair projects to our special judges (Matt Pedersen, Bob Fenner) who will ultimatly decide the grand prize winner. The grand prize winner recieves a FREE trip to MACNA 2011! Hotel provided by our own JontheFB owner of Fathom Aquatics, and the flight will be provided by Aqua Medic of North America! The winner will also recieve free entree to MACNA 2011 and will get to display their winning project in the Reef Hobbyist Magazine MACNA booth!!

Demo's
1. Fragging Workshop: This intereactive demo will be $10 for all club members and $20 for any club non member. Each club (DARC, MASC, SCMAS) determines who is a club member and who isn't a club member so if you have any questions please contact your board. There will be different groups, something like an morning one and a later one! I also will be putting a "sign up" in here once all the details are worked out!! Here is a "sample" of what may be in the workshop

easy-acro/monti
moderate-zoas, mushroom -soft coral
difficult-chalice, acan, or favia any brittle structure LPS

Great news!!! Our fraggin workshop will be spearheaded by Wicked "Aaron" Demon and will be Spnosored by Boston Aqua Farms!!!!!!!! They will be providing: Glue, accelerator, epoxy, bone cutterts, scalpals or scissors, plugs, and discs!! This is HUGE guys!! We aren't sure how many workshops we would like to have but for now we will start with two. Remember to sign up now as there might not be space in the future!!! Let me know and I will add you to the list!!

1. Projectx 6.
2. Scuba Steve 7.
3. B-Willz 8.
4. Collwins 9.
5. 10.

1. 6.
2. 7.
3. 8.
4. 9.
5. 10.

Also, if you are interested in holding a demo, we have been asked to try and find someone to do a DIY demo, PLEASE contact the MASC board and we will try and work out the details with you!!

Frag Swap
As always there will be a frag swap! Here is the list of the vendors that we have so far. If you would like to be a part of the frag swap please let us know and we can add you to the list! Remember, "older/used" equipment can also be sold, so if you've got anything lying around in the garage bring it on over and help someone else out!!​

Aquatic Art
ReefKoi
Steel City Corals
Mile High Aquatics
Build Your Tank
MTS
Gonzo's Coral Frags
Premier Aquatics
Boston Aqua Farms
Aqua Medic of North America
FCDenzReef
Blue Diamon
Blue Diamond Aquatics
Raffle
1. 2x2 Frag Tank
2. Dry Goods (will change once specified)
3. Test Kits
4. Various additives (will change once specified)
5. Reef Nutrition Sample Packs
6. Blue Diamond Aquatics Gift Certificate (specializes in CUC)
7. I believe x5 Framed Prints from TheJRC
http://www.copepodgeek.com/newpics/f...f/IMG_0841.jpg

Remember, ALL PROCEEDS will be donated to Highlands Ranch High school for their awesome dedication to this hobby, and to help maintain the tanks and the reef club that they have at their school!!​

Please if you have any questions you can post them here OR you can contact any one of the clubs' board members. There will be more details to come as the date draws nearer and nearer!!!

HRHS Coordinator: Mike Ryan
D.A.R.C - d.a.r.c@comcast.net
SCMAS
MASC - board@marinecolorado.org
Updated Workshop list

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, Aaron I'll bring my camera and macro rings so we can get some slick shots of your fragging demo! It'll be fun to see what kind of shots I can get at all the booths too!