Ryan's 10gal

G

For anyone that cares, heres how I mounted the SOL to the bookshelf. Old bookends finally came in handy. Puts the light about 5" above water line.

G

well after a few more additions, including a piece of the tort from the Columbine tank (thanks Swanny, and of course Rebel), i think Im done for a while! Time to let it all grow out.

G

Thanks! I hate to say it, but it actually was pretty easy. Weekly water changes and that's it! I've found the more you don't mess with these things, the better they do.

G

topoff is done manually haha. If you look in the full pics of the bookshelf, youll see a 5 gal container above the tank. It houses the RO and has a little valve. It is the one thing that I would like automated, but I dont know of any float switches that i can cram in that overflow. That reason alone is pushing me towards adding a sump...

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ryan's 10gal

ryan;242947 said:
topoff is done manually haha. If you look in the full pics of the bookshelf, youll see a 5 gal container above the tank. It houses the RO and has a little valve. It is the one thing that I would like automated, but I dont know of any float switches that i can cram in that overflow. That reason alone is pushing me towards adding a sump...
Ok, thought maybe you had a super secret top off set up. Haha. Been topping mine manually for a week now I'm already tired of it.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ryan;242947 said:
Check out the tunze nano. I have on running on my 20 and it's pretty small...lemme know if you want measurements on how much space the sensor takes up.