1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

She's gonna kill me build thread!!!!

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by Andrew_bram, Apr 21, 2013.

1. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

I ran chemiclean but if you do watch the skimmer it goes bonkers.

2. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

I also think getting back to weekly skimmer cleanings and water changes got me back on track.

3. Andrew_bram

Andrew_bram Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

I was going to consider that but know nothing about chemiclean. Wonder if its like purigen?

4. Skrappy

Skrappy Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

turky baste your rocks daily to loosen up anything in the rocks and get it into the water column so your skimmer can pull it all out. and if you dont have a DSB i would also stir 1-2 square feet of your sand per day. it gets packed down and grows stuff, even with a ton of nassarius snails.

5. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

I did chemiclean as well.

6. MuralReef

I saw no ill effects.

7. Andrew_bram

Just changed sediment and carbon ro filters. Need to order some di resin in next couple of weeks. Also changed out he first two of 6 bulbs. I have 8 total but never ran all 8. This time i might run all bulbs. Interesting thing i learned is the ge bulb is really high par so adding one of those next week for the high noon. So 3 blue plus,1 purpleplus, 1 ge6500 k, and 1 coral plus. The other two if i choose to tun them will be coral plus and blue plus. Dont know if i need the other two as i can cook sps on sand bed already.

8. Andrew_bram

Possible rebuild/ relocation thread coming soon.

9. FishTV

FishTV Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

Moving? Or just moving tank?

10. Andrew_bram

11. Andrew_bram

This all still rings so true. Patience

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk