Will clownfish host anything else besides an anenome?

the corner of the tank makes it impossible to judge how long the yellow tang was compared to the sohal. and because my tanks are so pristine i dont deal with algae much.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
chelseagrin;113218 said:
this is pathetic, and you guys think you are experienced in this hobby? i have met newbs that wouldnt do such a idiotic thing. and like i said, because you supposedly have experience then that makes it much worse.
Never said I was experienced in anything, as I never really brag about how awesome I am. Ohhh and I am awesome, I have a masters in it... 35 years of of awesomeness experience...

its not called bragging, its just letting everyone know that thinks they have a ton of experience and know so much including the moderators that they are not always right.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Soooooooooooooooo.... Back to the topic at hand. My clowns suck and only host a rock in the back of my tank and only come out when I have food. But I have seen and heard they will host just about anything.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sorry for the side track but what kind of lighting do you have over your dt heffe? Also clowns I have found host just about anything..... :p

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cause I definetly wouldnt steal pics of someone elses reef tank and claim for them to be mine. And if I was stupid enough to I would probably try to estimate the size of the tank a little bit better then that. 340 Gallons my ***!!! Oh...and not steal the photo of an award winning tank. Cause there is a thing on the internet called a reverse image search.

I present winner #7 for the 2005 reef tank contest.

http://saltaquarium.about.com/library/blank/blpc_sept05tanks.htm

Hit shoots...he scores...slam dunk!!!

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea chelseagrin, my dick is bigger than yours why dont you tote your *** back to the forums you speak so highly of and get the hell out of our?

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Personally, i wouldnt recommend two clowns in there, it would be too much work IMO. But i also happen to know who is getting the clowns, where he is getting them from and they size they will be. They will be fine, he is an excellent fish keeper, he knows his stuff. He will know when its time for them to move and he is capable of keeping up with the work. So i dont have a problem with it.

Also you got mad at someone on my site for having 3 tangs and pair of clowns in a 125 and saying that was overstocked. That is absolutely ridiculous IMO, he has plenty of room for the dwarf angel he wants to add, and a few other fish. Yes you are right, the larger fish should count for more, but he isnt over stocked. You have to remember that people get into this hobby to keep fish, and telling them such absurd rules are only going to make you sound like a pushy know-it-all and they will totally ignore you when you actually have good advice.

Im a mod because i take the time to talk to newbies and help through set up and can answer most basic question that come up. I really dont know jack sh*t about the more inner workings of coral growth and stuff. But i do know a lot about fish, and i have good advice for the type of people who visit LR.

Also as a mod, i read almost every single post that come up on that site. And i get to learn almost more about the people who do the posting than about the hobby and i have learned that the people who brag about all their years of experience generally are either strait up lying or they spent most of that time failing their way through the years dealing with endless dead fish, corals and whole host of other issues. Also as a final point, having a degree in marine biology would tell you close to nothing about stocking a tank or the amount of room required by a fish.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
the_fish_man;113233 said:
sorry for the side track but what kind of lighting do you have over your dt heffe? Also clowns I have found host just about anything..... :p
I had 2-250 MH and 4-54w T5's with LED supplimentation. But have upgraded to a vertex illumina this week.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
now that is funny **** !!!!!!!!!!!!

Heffe01;113235 said:
Cause I definetly wouldnt steal pics of someone elses reef tank and claim for them to be mine. And if I was stupid enough to I would probably try to estimate the size of the tank a little bit better then that. 340 Gallons my ***!!! Oh...and not steal the photo of an award winning tank. Cause there is a thing on the internet called a reverse image search.

I present winner #7 for the 2005 reef tank contest.

http://saltaquarium.about.com/library/blank/blpc_sept05tanks.htm

Hit shoots...he scores...slam dunk!!!

haha this is such a pitiful excuse for a forum, i did, i won seventh in that contest, and i lived in new jersey at the time. you guys consider yourselfs experts but when someone challenges your thinking you get all over them. i have more experience then most of the people on here, just because you found that image on whatever reverse search, that shows me what you think of people.

and chelseagrin is not my name, get a brain sir.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
chelseagrin;113242 said:
haha this is such a pitiful excuse for a forum, i did, i won seventh in that contest, and i lived in new jersey at the time. you guys consider yourselfs experts but when someone challenges your thinking you get all over them. i have more experience then most of the people on here, just because you found that image on whatever reverse search, that shows me what you think of people.

and chelseagrin is not my name, get a brain sir.
You would think you'd get the tank size right at least!