A little disapointed this morning.

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I came downstairs to leave for work this morning and i found my Picaso Clowns dead in the bottom of the tank. Not sure if it was too much stress or some kind of chemistry problem, but the neon goby seems fine and the mandarin looked like he normally does over night. I guess i'll find out if anything else changed by the time I get home tonight, but I'm really questioning if I should keep going. My time is very limited and i have to wonder if I did something wrong last night when i did a water change. The salinity looked correct and the only thing they did differently was stay close to the nem in the tank and hide after i was done. They were swimming around when i went to bed so i am at a loss with this loss.

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
Oh, that's an expensive loss! Don't give up though, anything worthwhile isn't easy and saltwater is a challenge.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did you qt them? I lost mine from ich pretty much over night honestly had never noticed and then within 24 hrs of first signs they were dead.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Kevin...keep on keeping on bro! I lost a pair of snowflakes awhile back, for absolutely no apparent reason. :( So I definitely feel your pain. That was a tough blow.

I got a new pair and they're doing great (same tank...same params). I'm about to transfer them to my small nano I just started and I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because there still is no exact science to it. ;)

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah, i hated to hear about your snowflakes. By the way, did you get the new ones from zooid?

The neon goby seems fine and the mandarin seems ok also. I really didn't have a lot of fisn in this tank and things hadn't changed in months. Just like the water. :eek: which is why i did the water change last night. it was the first time in quite a while that i didn't have to go running around after work. It can be a little tough when you leave at 0-dark thirty and don't get home till 0-dark evening. Sometimes I just toss some food in the tank and keep on working until bed.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
kmellon;199111 said:
Yeah, i hated to hear about your snowflakes. By the way, did you get the new ones from zooid?

The neon goby seems fine and the mandarin seems ok also. I really didn't have a lot of fisn in this tank and things hadn't changed in months. Just like the water. :eek: which is why i did the water change last night. it was the first time in quite a while that i didn't have to go running around after work. It can be a little tough when you leave at 0-dark thirty and don't get home till 0-dark evening. Sometimes I just toss some food in the tank and keep on working until bed.
Yup, it's a sorry thing to come home or wake up to. :( I didn't get them from Gale/Zooid. Like I think we talked about, they died in my most established best running tank. Add that to the fact that all my other livestock, including my target mandarin, are fine and it just didn't make any "logical" sense. These two are doing great and are eating well. No issues. Sometimes it's just a head-scratcher! You know what your doing, so don't be discouraged from plugging along!

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
wow Kevin, that's a bummer. i noticed with clowns (and read to confirm) that they are really sensitive to salinity/ph changes. when i was dropping salinity to try hypo with some clowns i had (ended up trading), even with small drops i was nervous they wouldn't hold on after a change. i wonder if something in the water change shocked and killed them.