1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Aiptasia?

Discussion in 'Newbies Corner' started by Ryan303, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Ryan303

Ryan303 Copepod

I recently got a new frag and came home to find these brownish looking things. Are they aiptasia? Can the frag be salvaged or should I throw the whole thing out?

Attached Files:

2. ianryd

ianryd Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Looks like aptasia to me. You could bust off a chunk of that plug that doesnt have any and chuck the rest. Just wear some gloves and wash your hands

Sent from my SM-G950U using MASC mobile app

3. Terry Fox

Terry Fox Copepod

Looks like yellow star polyps.
    Aphasia is brown.

kchristensen8064 likes this.
  4. kchristensen8064

kchristensen8064 Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

I agree, does not look like aiptasia to me, some type of polyps.

5. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Yellow sand polyps. I think they’re worse than aptasia. Get them out before they take hold. I had them and they will cover everything.

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

6. Ryan303

Ryan303 Copepod

Thanks for the help everyone.

7. Terry Fox

Terry Fox Copepod

Yep, yellow sand polyps not star polyps. Sorry it's been many years since I have seen them.

8. Terry Fox

Terry Fox Copepod

They are no worse than pulsing Zetia. Lol

9. ianryd

ianryd Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

I stand corrected lol, but yeah I'd get em out

Sent from my SM-G950U using MASC mobile app