Bar keepers Friend cleanser

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I generally start with vinegar, and a good soak in that should do the trick. I make my wife buy several gallons of vinegar every couple months, it'll clean just about anything if you give it some time to soak in a bit

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You can use Muratic Acid if vinegar is not strong enough. It is a strong acid, but perfectly safe to inhabitants later. Handle with care and do not breathe the fumes. You need to really water it down and keep it away from concrete when in concentrated form. Vinegar is like throwing a baseball at a freight train compared to Muratic Acid. The stuff is like $5 a Home Depot or Lowes for a gallon.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Vinegar and/or ammonia are your best bet. Anything else might leave a toxic residue that will take an inordinate amount of water to properly remove.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You can use Muratic Acid if vinegar is not strong enough. It is a strong acid, but perfectly safe to inhabitants later. Handle with care and do not breathe the fumes. You need to really water it down and keep it away from concrete when in concentrated form. Vinegar is like throwing a baseball at a freight train compared to Muratic Acid. The stuff is like $5 a Home Depot or Lowes for a gallon.
If you use this, make sure to take proper precautions. That stuff can injure your skin without proper gloves and can even kill you if you do it inside with no respirator.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

Hal3134

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
If dealing with coralline, muriatic acid will be about 100x faster and easier. I know from using both and would have saved so much time if I had just started with the acid.