Christmas Favia has dull colors

I got a XMAS favia at ReefStock and lately it's color hasn't been so good since I've added it, a white spot is forming on one corner of the frag and it seems dull. Is there anything I can do to help the color, otherwise it seems okay, I think I've seen a few tentacles when I feed at night. It's in the sand bed under moderate lighting and has some flow. Any tips?

Thanks

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's only been 2-3 days. Give it some time.

I think that it is probably too soon to tell anything, but what lights did it come from and what lights do you have now.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
GoldeTime;297576 said:
Thanks, it was under LEDs and I have it under several T8's now, I'm switching to T5's this month tho.
Keep your water quality high and the color should come back. If you can afford the extra, LEDs are well worth the initial investment. I recently switched from T5s to ONYX from Rapid LED. But if you are on a tight budget, I have my old 6 bulb 48" fixture that I would be willing to part for $100

Thanks but I think 48" is a bit big for my nano, I found a few LED setups for my nano in my price range, is the Marineland Reef Capable LED any good, the 18"-24" is the one I need.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
For that price range, you would be better with an evergrow. A lot nire watts for a little less and dimmable with knobs.

The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double logarithmic graph.

I'll check it out thanks!

Ya that's what I'm hoping, its reds are pretty just the greens are dull, under actinic it looks great tho!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
its in the emoticons :silentbob: