1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Feeding into wavebox

Discussion in 'General Reefkeeping Discussion' started by JuanGutz, Mar 12, 2022.

?

Feed into wavebox

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Wondering what people think if I put my AFS to feed into my tunze wavebox? With my canopy I don’t have a good way to feed so it drops into a feeding ring. In my head feeding into the wavebox would give the pellet a chance sink and then disperse it into the tank with the flow. Going to be getting a lid here at some point and hopefully be able to change the feeding ring problem but till thinking about the wavebox doing the work for me. Pellets are TDO-EP1 so 1.7mm in size. Doing the poll for fun, never done it.

2. Craigar

Craigar Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

I utilize my wave box for feeding I also put my frozen food in there and it gradually feeds the tank it works awesome

JuanGutz likes this.
  3. JuanGutz

I’m really glad to hear that, seems like a really effective way to feed just never occurred to me to do it.

4. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Well don't know about feeding into the wavebox, but when I build your lid, I could potentially build a feed ring into it. I made my lid with hole that I could insert the feed tube into and my auto feed sits on it. My feed tube drops about 4 inches below the waterline so all the pellet gradually sink and don't get swept away to the overflow.

JuanGutz likes this.
  5. JuanGutz

I’ll probably have you instal one but like the idea of the food being dispersed erratically into the tank. Just being blown in and taken with whatever current at the moment.

6. Angelo

Angelo Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

I definitely prefer broadcast feeding from the pumps whether mysis or pellets. I think it helps get food to everyone and it keeps them busy for a while as they search out every bit of food. I got tired of the sheets of nori.

Sent from my SM-G975U using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado mobile app

JuanGutz likes this.
  7. SUS

SUS Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

I have my auto feeder going into my wave box. Works awesome. Pellets get disbursed into water column and eaten before they have a change to go over the overflow.

JuanGutz likes this.
  8. JuanGutz

just have to Jerry rig mine on now.