Fish for Sale - Shutting down Larger Tank

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have had all of these fish for years and most were about an inch when I got them. All eat anything, but a staple of NLS pellets. Both of the rabbits ate bubble algae since I never had any when I had them in the reef - one of them at bryopsis, but I cannot remember which. All of these fish are friendly and good tank mates, but they also are well fed and were given many places to hide and get totally out of sight - not caves and arches and stuff that humans think are cool.

These are all perfect specimens. @IUFan can vouch for the health and stuff having gotten a large fish from me already.

I am shutting down tanks and do not need any trades or anything. Will need to bring a bucket and be prepared to help catch these - I am pretty good, but the tank is not small. I am in Longmont.

Emperor Angelfish 5-6" beautiful adult $150
Blue Line Rabbit 6" $100
One Spot Foxface 6" $100
Adult Chocolate Tang 4.5 and likely full grown $100
Hawaiian Black Trigger 5" I had it in my reef and it was reef safe, but not very reef friendly with how much it eats - $200 The thing can destroy a whole sheet of the larger nori in about 10 seconds.
Picasso Trigger 2" $50 Friendly fish and also well fed. Got it as a rescue with a shrunken face and skinny, but it is fat and healthy now. Never tried it with shrimp and stuff, but my snails, urchins and porcelain/sally lightfoot crabs have been fine. Bold fish without being mean at all.

I have a terminal male Swallowtail Angel that I would rather keep, but if somebody can convince me that they would have a better home for it (and maybe some females), I would be willing to sell it. It is about 5" with long streamers. I cannot believe how hard these are to get anymore and how expensive they are so not sure that I will ever see another one again. It is terminal and does not need a female to stay a male. $300

kchristensen8064

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have had all of these fish for years and most were about an inch when I got them. All eat anything, but a staple of NLS pellets. Both of the rabbits ate bubble algae since I never had any when I had them in the reef - one of them at bryopsis, but I cannot remember which. All of these fish are friendly and good tank mates, but they also are well fed and were given many places to hide and get totally out of sight - not caves and arches and stuff that humans think are cool.

These are all perfect specimens. @IUFan can vouch for the health and stuff having gotten a large fish from me already.

I am shutting down tanks and do not need any trades or anything. Will need to bring a bucket and be prepared to help catch these - I am pretty good, but the tank is not small. I am in Longmont.

Emperor Angelfish 5-6" beautiful adult $150
Blue Line Rabbit 6" $100
One Spot Foxface 6" $100
Adult Chocolate Tang 4.5 and likely full grown $100
Hawaiian Black Trigger 5" I had it in my reef and it was reef safe, but not very reef friendly with how much it eats - $200 The thing can destroy a whole sheet of the larger nori in about 10 seconds.
Picasso Trigger 2" $50 Friendly fish and also well fed. Got it as a rescue with a shrunken face and skinny, but it is fat and healthy now. Never tried it with shrimp and stuff, but my snails, urchins and porcelain/sally lightfoot crabs have been fine. Bold fish without being mean at all.

I have a terminal male Swallowtail Angel that I would rather keep, but if somebody can convince me that they would have a better home for it (and maybe some females), I would be willing to sell it. It is about 5" with long streamers. I cannot believe how hard these are to get anymore and how expensive they are so not sure that I will ever see another one again. It is terminal and does not need a female to stay a male. $300
I may be interested in the blue line, do you have a picture of it??

Visualsnow

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't have a job, if you want help with taking these down or catching the fish, I'm just off 17th and Pace, also in Longmont. I don't expect anything, I just would need a time and a place to be there 10- mins prior.

Yeah these are all incredible fish, fat & healthy, don’t hesitate, these prices are all a steal too. I picked up a Queen Angel from JDA last week, straight into the display and it was eating within minutes and has become the Queen of the tank. I truly have never owned a more beautiful fish, and I didn’t think Queen angels are the prettiest angels that exist tbh, but when you see a fish this size and healthy, and just thriving, its a site to behold.

That Emperor listed is easily a $300-400 fish, maybe more.

Let me know if you need to borrow that net @jda

And not to derail the thread, but here’s the Queen Angel.. stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I did not take any photos. Glass is dirty and water is cloudy without any rock and stuff. Would be hard to get good photos.

The blue line rabbit was Caprive Bred from ORA. I am nearly positive. Biota has similar ones how, but this was ORA - ORA could have gotten them from Biota for all that I know. Fat, happy and not aggressive. It looks similar to this:
Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 12.04.51 PM.png

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great fish and prices too! I'd be all over that P. imperator if he was bigger or smaller, but at his size he'd likely not enjoy the company of my P. chrysurus. That queen was an excellent choice!!

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ironically, when this Imp was 1 inch and eating well, it went into my reef with a nearly fully grown chrusyrus. Same with the queen and most of these other fish. The Chrysrus is smaller at full size, so it never had to move to a larger tank and can spend its whole life in the 8' tank. I have a glut of tangs in the reef now... Galapagos Sawtail will need to move on soon along with a Mata, Dussumeri and a few Naso. They yellows and purples can live in this tank forever (I have multiples of each). Put in a 1" Bahanias a few months ago and it is swimming right with the big guys. No aggression in this tank whatsoever - lots of food, places to totally hide and get away and also reef quality water.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd be super interested, I have a crazy busy days this weekend, would I be able to pick it up next Friday or Saturday?
That is fine. Just hollar. Bring a bucket and a large net if you have one. I might need help catching it, even though I am pretty good. I said this before and I caught the queen in less than 5 seconds who just kinda seemed to let it happen. I won't get as lucky the next time. :)

kchristensen8064

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is fine. Just hollar. Bring a bucket and a large net if you have one. I might need help catching it, even though I am pretty good. I said this before and I caught the queen in less than 5 seconds who just kinda seemed to let it happen. I won't get as lucky the next time. :)
Perfect, I can do that. What does your availability look like Friday after lunch?

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Emperor is gone. Blue/Gold line rabbit on hold.

Also have a Blue Spot Puffer at about 1.5 inches. Had it in my reef and it went into the trap when I caught a bigger fish. Forgot that I had it. It is not shy and fun. $50

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Emperor, Queen and Blue/Gold rabbit are gone.

Still have:
Foxface
Black Trigger - this dude is awesome and amazed that nobody wants it.
Huma Trigger
Blue Spot Puffer

These are nice, healthy and well-tempered fish that are good tank mates.