Just found why that christmas favia has dull colors, aiptasia...

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Take out the coral, and use a nylon brush (new tooth brush should work). you want to make sure you don't do that while it's in the tank, that's how they spread. There is a product call Joe's juice, anything for mojo's will do.

So just scrub the little guy off? I should really just have that stuff around, I'll look around online and at the LFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Last edited by a moderator:

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I use kalk paste. No recipe just add some water to kalk powder till you have a thick paste add to a syringe and squirt the little bugger in the face! They suck it in shrink up and DIE!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
kalkwasser, pickling lime and calcium hydroxide - all the same thing except you go to grocery store and ask for calcium hydroxide or kalkwasser you will get funny looks :p

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
CRW Reef;297901 said:
kalkwasser, pickling lime and calcium hydroxide - all the same thing except you go to grocery store and ask for calcium hydroxide or kalkwasser you will get funny looks :p
Know it all!

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just be careful as lime will also kill what ever part of the favia it touches, that is kind of why I didn't recommend it. Even hot boiling water in a syringe will work.

Haha I tried the scrub and I think it worked, time will tell, I haven't seen it in an hour or so, if it's back I'll step it up a notch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hopefully you didn't scrub it in the water - it's the spores on the aptasia that leads to baby ones...