1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Quest 180 Office Nem Clown Harem tank

Discussion in 'Tank Builds' started by MuralReef, Sep 10, 2020.

1. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

New nems looking amazing! IMG_3642.JPG IMG_3643.JPG IMG_3644.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

zatch and JuanGutz like this.
  2. JodiI

JodiI Amphipod Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

[​IMG]

Better picture of the Sebae. The purple tips didn’t come through in the photo, but they are gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. MASC Vice-President

Always a critic!

4. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member ex-officio

How are all of the various clowns doing together?

JodiI likes this.
  5. MuralReef

So far so good. We’ve lost a couple along the way, and we’re not really sure what caused it. There are so many that there seems to be very little tension in the tank.

JodiI likes this.
  6. MuralReef

If the 450 issues weren’t enough to deal with today this happened in the office. IMG_3896.JPG IMG_3897.JPG . Yeah cracked sump!
    IMG_3907.JPG
    So Jodi and I cleaned out an old “sump” and drilled it and replumbed the whole side where the skimmer sits. IMG_3909.JPG . No more leaks!

7. MuralReef

Few cool new friends though compliments of Zach and Ben. IMG_3901.JPG 63158001914__467236AB-7E13-4D1F-A8F2-95B478C8D44E.JPG 63157990684__62B4A982-B0DF-4D97-ADD5-4EA9A6F69E2C.JPG

8. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member ex-officio

I e work. Always something!

9. MuralReef

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tank is filling in nicely. Nems are big and fat. Check out the new art work. The front was done by our art teacher and the sides are student work.

zatch, rmougey, JodiI and 2 others like this.
  10. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member ex-officio

LOVE the artwork!

JodiI and MuralReef like this.
  11. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

That looks awesome!

JodiI and MuralReef like this.
  12. JodiI

JodiI Amphipod Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Tank has been running along smoothly for the most part. But we’ve been slowly losing clowns one at a time over the last several months. They would be covered with a white film that looked like brookynella, but it killed too slowly and didn’t nuke the whole tank. Still, we decided to pull the clowns and treat them.

The kids had fun trying to catch clownfish in a reef tank.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The clowns are now in a hospital brute bucket in the school fish room. We freshwater dipped them almost daily for a week. We still ended up losing the ones we thought we would. And we’re still not sure why. But everyone seems to have stabilized now.

scmountain, SynDen and MuralReef like this.
  13. SynDen

SynDen Kraken Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C President M.A.S.C Webmaster

Glad you could get them into treatment. hopefully you don't lose anymore