Reef Ed Schedule and Event Details

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ok everyone we need to get the schedule worked out ASAP. First we need to figure out the open and close times for both vendors and then public. Does the below prelim schedule look okay to everyone? We changed the Dec Swap to only 3 hours which was nice, but I think we prob need at least 4 hours for this since we have the demos and such. Any thoughts on the prelim timing?

Oh also how about the booth fees? I can almost guarantee there will be kick back from one Sponsor for sure maybe a second but I think the cost are fair. Please also give feedback on this as well

REEF ED 2014

When: Saturday April 12th
Where:
Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood- 7390 W Hampden Ave, Lakewood, CO 80227CLICK HERE FOR MAP
Open To Public Time: 1pm-5pm (tentative)
Vendors Setup Time: 10am day of show (tentative)
Booth Fees: - In accordance with the MASC Sponsorship Agreement

• Platinum - $25 + $25 coral donation
  • Premium - $75 + $25 coral donation
  • Featured - $125 + $25 coral donation
  • Society - $175 + $25 coral donation
  • Non-Sponsor - $200 + $24 MASC Membership Donation

Item to be supplied by vendors:
  • Your own Extension Cords
  • Duct Tape for any cords that can be tripping hazards
  • Your own Powers Strips
  • Water transport in and out of building

Items to be supplied to vendors:
  • Power Outlet/Source at Table Area
  • 1- 6' table or 2 -6' tables by request

Last edited by a moderator:

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just to save me some time in looking up all this information...

Are the booth fees different from in the past? I think I remember them changing before the latest sponsorship renewals went out.

If the anticipated pushback is because we have some sponsors whose agreements were signed prior to implementing the new booth fees...we should be charging their fees based on whatever agreement they signed. If their agreement will expire sometime between now and ReefEd, then we should get them a copy of the new agreement ASAP so that they are aware of the changes prior to informing them of the fees associated with the event.

If there were no changes to the fees and I'm just rambling for no reason...then please ignore the above post :p

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
As far as timing goes...I think we need at least 4 hrs, maybe closer to 5.

People should have the opportunity to attend all of the demos, and it's sounding like we will have 3 lined up: glass cutting, aquascaping, and LED building. Some will obviously be longer than others, but it'd be nice if people didn't have to worry about deciding between browsing corals, participating in the raffle, and seeing the demos.

Don't take this as a proposed schedule...just illustrating the time crunch we are looking at with 3 demos:

12:00pm - Doors open
1:00pm - Demo #1
2:00pm - Raffle
3:00pm - Demo #2
4:00pm - Raffle
5:00pm - Demo #3

That schedule above would push us to 6hrs. Honestly, I don't think we'll be able to hold a crowd past that 5hr mark...so we'd have to condense things a bit to get people out the door after 5hrs. My main concern would be trying to squeeze all of that into a 4hr window though, it just doesn't seem feasible.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
There are no Vendors that will have a agreement/contract in effect that was written prior to Reed Ed. Meaning all sponsors will have renewed to a new contract prior to Reed Ed.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, well if that's the case then they signed the agreement and hopefully read it :p

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
jahmic;287308 said:
As far as timing goes...I think we need at least 4 hrs, maybe closer to 5.

People should have the opportunity to attend all of the demos, and it's sounding like we will have 3 lined up: glass cutting, aquascaping, and LED building. Some will obviously be longer than others, but it'd be nice if people didn't have to worry about deciding between browsing corals, participating in the raffle, and seeing the demos.

Don't take this as a proposed schedule...just illustrating the time crunch we are looking at with 3 demos:

12:00pm - Doors open
1:00pm - Demo #1
3:00pm - Demo #2
4:00pm - Raffle
5:00pm - Demo #3

That schedule above would push us to 6hrs. Honestly, I don't think we'll be able to hold a crowd past that 5hr mark...so we'd have to condense things a bit to get people out the door after 5hrs. My main concern would be trying to squeeze all of that into a 4hr window though, it just doesn't seem feasible.
IM thinking the demos will only be like 15-20 mins (no longer than 30 mins) each but I could be way off. Is there any reason we need to dedicate a longer amount of time to the demos than that? Keep in mind that the demos I believe will essentially be in the same room as the vendors with only a wall partition separating them (well see more what im talking about when we go see the ball room). Im thinking maybe the below would work better in keeping a tighter schedule. I think as Khalis suggested we will have a hard time keeping a crowd 5 hours but I think expecting that anyone other than BOD and vendors to stay longer than 3hrs tops is maybe reaching. Again I could be wrong but I know if I wasnt an addict and BOD member (IM not normal lets remember that) I would loose interest after I swiped corals (emptied my fish and rock fund) and checked out one of the demos that interested me.

1:00pm - Doors open
1:30pm - Demo #1
2:30pm - Demo #2
3:15pm - Demo #3
3:45pm - Raffle
4:00pm - Tropic Marin Webinar (topic to be decided by BOD)
5:00pm - Doors Close

Obviously lets continue to discuss and hone this. Please post any thoughts good, bad, ugly, criticizing or other lol

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
jahmic;287310 said:
Ok, well if that's the case then they signed the agreement and hopefully read it :p
Are you thinking we should delete all costs to platinum sponsors?

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think having a full hour between the demos isn't necessary. The raffles take 15 min or so, right?

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;287312 said:
Are you thinking we should delete all costs to platinum sponsors?
No I'm fine with the fees...I guess we could just ask for a coral donation which might help with the raffle items.

Like I said with the schedule...that was just me throwing something together and thinking out loud. Having never drilled a tank and installed an overflow I assumed it would be a longer process...and also figured that if we did an LED build demo it would be time consuming.

I agree that the raffles don't take long and figured we could chip away time there...just don't want to rush through demos since that's the focus of the event.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ok we dont have to get the schedule hashed out right now, but can we agree on a start and stop time ? Should we set for 1-6 giving ourselves 5 hours then we can cut it down if need be?

I would just like to get this part finalized so we can let vendors know get flyers made and start blasting on R2R, Rerf Centrak, CL, Twitter and Whatever other avenues we have at our disposal for advertising.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sure. Sounds like a plan. Can't hurt to have extra time available. If necessary, we could cut one demo. It really depends on how long the demos will take - we should ask the presenters to give us an idea of how long they will need (bare minimum) to do their demonstration. Then we add 15 min for questions.