WTB macro algae

alindell21

Cleaner Shrimp
Does anybody have macro algae other than cheato they would be willing to sell me. I find that the cheato breaks apart and clogs my pumps so I got rid of it. I have a powerful kessil purple spectrum refugium light for my sump and it's currently not running since all I have down there are ceramic bio balls. I'm looking for something that doesn't easily break apart and clog everything and is more aesthetic than for nutrient export.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I always have a ton of fern and grape caulerpas I can give you if you want some. Its a strong grower and I generally just throw out buckets of it every time I clean out the system. I am downtown Denver though so might be a bit of a drive for you, but I WFH too so I am almost always available if you manage to make it up here sometime

alindell21

Cleaner Shrimp
I always have a ton of fern and grape caulerpas I can give you if you want some. Its a strong grower and I generally just throw out buckets of it every time I clean out the system. I am downtown Denver though so might be a bit of a drive for you, but I WFH too so I am almost always available if you manage to make it up here sometime
Do they stick to the side walls and rock?
I don't want them floating around the tank and clogging my pumps.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya they don't float around really. I have them growing in my mangrove tank and grow across the rocks and the backside of the tank some. You can see mostly the fern stuff growing on the rock in the pic. The grape stuff is also mixed in there but not evident in the pic

PXL_20240423_161557530.MP.jpg

Stithe

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't have any pictures, unfortunately. It's all growing in my Pax Bellum, and taking over, so come and get some whenever you'd like. I'll give you a nice big handful.

alindell21

Cleaner Shrimp
Ft Collins is very far up north for me. Id be willing to pay for shipping. I have a kessil h380. do you think the macro algae would grow well under that light