¡RP's 250 build!

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great idea on using the reactor. Creative and can't wait to see what kind of results you get with it. Wow, this tank is going to be sweet. look forward to current pics.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: ¡RP's 250 build!

I'm going to do a 36 led kit from aquastyles, so no lighting yet (besides the Ikea lights).

The cyano issue is clearing up. I still have to add more rock, permanent cord placement, and skin the stand.

Current livestock

Tangs:
Desjardini
Vlamingii
Sohol

Butterflyfish:
Pakistani

Wrasse:
Cleaner
Solorensis

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

No need to sugar coat it brah, this build is far from done.

On the bright side, the Pakistani ate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A big thanks to Jon and Juan from SeaChem for the awesome idea! (Wish you guys would come around more though)

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

wirick181;218042 said:
Looks good jamie
Chris! Where you been?

djkms;218002 said:
I need to figure out how to get a TV in my aquarium!
Easy brah, I'll host a meeting telling you how in the future ;)

michael.lemke;218008 said:
Yea, I miss Jon and Juan.
Jamie, I need to see this beast!
It is a beast!

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bad @ss! Love it so far. Interested to know the rest of your planned stocking list.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
daverf;218059 said:
Bad @ss! Love it so far. Interested to know the rest of your planned stocking list.
I need to get the angelfish and butterflyfishes book to get a good understanding of compatibility, but....

Tangs:
Vlamingii
Desjardini Sailfin
Sohol

Angels:
Scribbled
French
Regal

Butterflies:
Latticed
Pakistan
Saddleback
Raccoon Fasciatus

Triggers:
Red Tail (pair maybe?)

Wrasse:
Cleaner
Solorensis

Harlequin Tusk

Dottyback:
Neon

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

Thanks Gabe

I won 10lbs of real reef rock over the weekend, holy poop is it ever purple. Picked up a smallish raccoon butterfly and lawnmower blenny to help with the sand

So far the Pakistani is eating Hikari bloodworms and Ocean Nutrition Angel Diet(blend/mix/whatever they call it). Didn't touch the spiralina enriched frozen bbs.

Raccoon is devouring the Angel food, nothing else.

Still have to try the ova (which I fear might be to small), but everything seems to like prawn eggs.

Neither is eating any garlic soaked dried foods, but at least they aren't starving.

Would you guys put a ~2.5" fish with others 2-3x his size? I'm not thinking so and raising him up in the sump (no competition for food and gives him time to get used to the hand that feeds)

So, I'm doing the one baffle sump. I'm not worried about the sump draining because I rigged up a bean animal system, but no coast to coast overflow. Since the tank was already drilled for 2x 1" drains and 2x .75" returns, I made one of the 1" hole the full siphon, a .75" hole the open channel, a .75" hole the emergency, and the remaining 1" hole the return. I also put in a clever ball valve to do easy water changes. I was testing the water change option and forgot to open the full siphon line again, presto, it worked. The open channel and emergency picked up the slack, avoiding a huge mess. This went on for about 12 hours. Pics of the overly simple plumbing to come

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

djkms;218002 said:
I need to figure out how to get a TV in my aquarium!
If Ochocinco figured it out...I'm sure you can too!

Tank's looking good man! And grats on apparently winning another raffle lol.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

Came home to a dead lawnmower, no eyes. So he either died a while ago and CUC got to him or he was bullied. Only thing changed was that I turned off the air pump, all other fish look fine.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Look forward to the plumbing pics as I want to see where you put the water change valve. Also just curious why you decided to do one baffle (versus none). Also, what is your current plan on lighting? I saw you posted somewhere on ebay LED options and wanted to ask there if you were using them, but can't find that thread any more. Following that as I'm changing my lighting and might just do what you are planning.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member

Plumbing shots, from left to right. I did a makeshift bean animal. My tank was already drilled, so I couldn't do the coast to coast overflow. Excuse the mess

These are the emergency (3/4"), full siphon(1"), and water change valve. Basically a ball valve off of the full siphon line, with hose on it.
View attachment 11194

Next section, the red valve is to close the full siphon and make the water go out the hose.
View attachment 11195

Lines labeled and going into sump. The only other thing I plan to do is add filter socks.
View attachment 11196

Open channel (3/4")and return(1").
View attachment 11197

WTH is up with the smilies?