Clowninaround7474's 60g cube build

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I picked up the tank and stand from altalal for a killer deal, and got the sump from Dr. Fosters and Smith. I'm looking forward to getting more of the equipment. One step closer to filling it up!

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Another step closer! Just purchased my return pump. Nothing exciting but necessary!

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Again nothing exciting, but tracking the progress here. I painted the inside if the stand light grey for better viewing of the equipment below.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
MORE PROGRESS!!! I was able to get the plumbing roughed in today, and am pretty happy with how it turned out. I still need the check valve on my return to prevent back siphon if I lose power at all.

The drain is pretty straight forward. The return line has a "manifold" on it for future items such as a calcium reactor. I plan to use one of the valves for easy and quick water changes.

Let me know what you think! Again, this is still a rough in so I can change things.

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Have you set-up this pump yet? I was thinking of buying this kind for my tank as well and would like your feedback on it.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got the check valve dry fitted today and picked up my skimmer! Eshopps 120 which fits perfectly in the sump and should be more than enough for the tank. I was really glad to see it used a sicce pump.

Next step is gluing everything up.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lowes actually had it in 3/4" which is what I needed. Home Depot didn't stock them in my area of Parker.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
All glued up and ready to go!! This was my first time plumbing a tank... All of my previous tanks were AIO. I'm praying I have no leaks!!!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
clowninaround7474;266406 said:
All glued up and ready to go!! This was my first time plumbing a tank... All of my previous tanks were AIO. I'm praying I have no leaks!!!

As long as you used a good amount of glue. Did the 1/4 twist and held it for a few seconds it should be good.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;266463 said:
Will that little SEO pump drive that?
it should. It's rated at 800gph I believe... If not I can always go bigger!

Dr.HarlemTutu;266464 said:
As long as you used a good amount of glue. Did the 1/4 twist and held it for a few seconds it should be good.
Sure did!

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's actually rated at 714gph. I figure with the check valve and other fittings along with the 3ft of head on it, I should be at or around 500gph. I think my overflow is only rated at 550gph or so.

I plan on having 1 or maybe 2 mp10wes for additional flow in the main display.