Clowninaround7474's 60g cube build

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks!! Haha I did wipe everything down before taking the picture. I'm surprised how well those lights work in the stand

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well at this point, all of my equipment is up and running in the tank, as I picked up my second mp10 today (thanks Kris)! I may be looking into a media reactor to run carbon but that's down the road.

Time to continue stocking with fish and corals. I'm gonna let it run as is for a while as I spent through most of my budget and I need to replenish!!

If you don't go over budget your doing it wrong lol

Sent from my Note 3

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Trying to take some photos with the iPhone... Messing with settings

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
more attempts at some photography... only have an iPhone so im giving it my best shot.

Picked up a few new pieces from ReefKoi this weekend and thought I would share.

Acan:

Green/Orange encrusting monti:

TERRIBLE PHOTO: Starburst Monti:

I tried to dial this one in but not sure how it came out. Leprechaun Zoa

These are the orange and pink zoa's I picked up from Chris at Aquatic Art a few weeks back. I couldnt find a match so Im calling them PFM's

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
And an updated FTS. The water cleared up today and it looks great. Still not sure what was causing the cloudiness.

Agreed! Those are pretty good shots with your phone btw. Mine just sucks for tank pics

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks guys!! The PFM's are so bright and definitely my favorite addition this far.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Small update.

I've been working on getting my water station set up in the basement of the house. No more having to hook the RO/DI up to the bathroom faucet and pull trash cans around.

The RO/DI was plumbed into a supply line in the basement and the waste line ran into the floor drain near the furnace. New filters and a membrane flush kit are on their way from BRS and will be here Monday.

My next challenge is trying to plumb the two BRUTE cans together to make for easy transfer and mixing of salt water. I see a lot of ppl doing this but I'm completely lost as to what a good plumbing setup would look like. I know I want to elevate the freshwater can so it can gravity feed into the other. But from there I'm lost!!!

My other question is installing a float switch in the fresh can to avoid overfilling. If I put that in the BRUTE, and the can fills, how will the float stop the supply to the RODI unit itself? Sorry for the newbe questions but again, this is new to me as I would get my water at work on my previous tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Perfect, thanks Kris. I assume that shuts the supply off as well?

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Basically what that unit does is the float valve creates back pressure on the RO unit which in turn shuts off the incoming supply line. This way you are not directly using the float valve to cut off the supply.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok awesome! Thanks as always for your help

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Update: BRS shipment came in today. Got my RO/DI filters changed out, installed a flush kit for the membrane, and got the media reactor on line and running.

The media reactor fit with no issues under the stand and even is sitting over the sump should there ever be a leak. I held off on plumbing it into the manifold that I had installed when originally plumbing the tank just so I could test it out for a month or so and see the overall results.

Everything seems to be staying organized and I still have a good amount of room for more equipment should the need ever arise.

Without flash:

With flash:

As far as livestock: no real changes. I've added a small frag of green acro (with blue tips) from my neighbors tank. He had a major salinity swing and it started to die off. He fragged it to try and save it and one ended up on my tank. So far so good, polyps are extending and it seems happy.

Some other frags were moved to their permanent locations like the starburst Monti.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tried to get some decent iPhone pics today since I don't have another camera.

Corals seem to be happy and all have good PE. The monti's are already showing signs of growth as are some zoa's that were added to the tank.

Picked up a Lubbock's Wrasse from Chris at AA, and it is beautiful. Been eating and swimming around since added to the tank.

Ugh these pictures suck... Sorry