Evolution LED Group Buy 120w $199 each!

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
reefkoi;121585 said:
well pretty much gotta have the color decided and payment sent by sunday, I am working on the order now and so I want it to be as fast as possible and get it all squared up by sunday sometime so I can shoot off the payment monday and get them built next week :)
im confused do we still have till sunday or is it too late to place orders?

reefkoi

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
well I have placed the order already but can certainly add more for you or anyone else, I thought everyone had already chimed in on what they want, if you want something LMK so I can revise the order, I'm trying to get it done before sunday if posible, you can pay sunday but let me know what you want asap because I leave for China on the 13th and need to get the order finalized asap so they can start building next week ok>

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
reefkoi;121780 said:
well I have placed the order already but can certainly add more for you or anyone else, I thought everyone had already chimed in on what they want, if you want something LMK so I can revise the order, I'm trying to get it done before sunday if posible, you can pay sunday but let me know what you want asap because I leave for China on the 13th and need to get the order finalized asap so they can start building next week ok>
cool ...thanks ...im halfway there ....:)

reefkoi

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
othercents;121781 said:
I'm drooling but I really want dimables. Can you replace the dimmer with a mini jack and make a remote dimmer box, or with the ability to connect it to a controller?
if you want dimmable then I highly recommend buy the dimmable or start from the ground up and do a DIY, otherwise your going to end up with a pile of parts and a non working fixture LOL if it was as simple as that I'd make them all dimmable, but the drivers required are different and fit into different sized housings so its just not feasable with this housing ok :)

Chris

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey Chris...I don't know if they'll work in my setup?? I only have about 6" from the top of my canopy to the water. With the fixture being 3" tall and with room to breath they would be pretty close to the water in whatever manner I mounted them. I could possibly raise the canopy about another inch but that would be it. Id love to jump in...what are your thoughts?? Too much light for that height? This tank is 60"x24"x18". Thanks for any help in my decision.

reefkoi

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
without seeing your canopy tought to say what do you have in the canopy right now for light? it might bee too much light at the height, but you could run the lights for less time each day to start and gradually ramp up the photoperiod, corals will adjust to higher par as long as you give them a while to acclimate, nots just a week :)

C

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
reefkoi;121844 said:
without seeing your canopy tought to say what do you have in the canopy right now for light? it might bee too much light at the height, but you could run the lights for less time each day to start and gradually ramp up the photoperiod, corals will adjust to higher par as long as you give them a while to acclimate, nots just a week :)

C
Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't used this tank yet. Its getting completed this weekend. (Hopefully) It has T5's retrofitted in it right now. I measured the heights out so they're pretty accurate measurements. Since im starting from scratch...all corals will be new...so would I have to adjust the photoperiod everytime I added something??

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
reefkoi;121789 said:
if you want dimmable then I highly recommend buy the dimmable or start from the ground up and do a DIY, otherwise your going to end up with a pile of parts and a non working fixture LOL if it was as simple as that I'd make them all dimmable, but the drivers required are different and fit into different sized housings so its just not feasable with this housing ok :)

Chris
Actually I am talking about your dimable fixtures, not modifying these. With your dimable fixtures have you thought about replacing the dimmers and adding in a mini headphone jack so people can wire in their controllers or purchase a separate dimmer box with long cable.

reefkoi

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
ShelbyJK500;121849 said:
Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't used this tank yet. Its getting completed this weekend. (Hopefully) It has T5's retrofitted in it right now. I measured the heights out so they're pretty accurate measurements. Since im starting from scratch...all corals will be new...so would I have to adjust the photoperiod everytime I added something??
well if you go up in intensity with leds then yes its a shock to the corals, they have been known to bleach on people

othercents;121857 said:
Actually I am talking about your dimable fixtures, not modifying these. With your dimable fixtures have you thought about replacing the dimmers and adding in a mini headphone jack so people can wire in their controllers or purchase a separate dimmer box with long cable.
not yet, I visit the factory and go to a big aquarium show in 2 weeks in china its something I will look into for sure.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
So what is up with the reefkoi credit line? lol

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
reefkoi;121912 said:
As long as you have a credit score of over 1,000 its easy and takes 5 minutes to apply :) if not we have a simple 100% down payment plan as well :)
I got 5 minutes to spare! ;)

Anyone have pics to compare the 14k and 20k. I'm "newer" so I haven't seen enough tanks to know the difference between the two looks.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
ShelbyJK500;121923 said:
I got 5 minutes to spare! ;)

Anyone have pics to compare the 14k and 20k. I'm "newer" so I haven't seen enough tanks to know the difference between the two looks.
generally speaking 10k is white ...20k s blue

i have an older 20k you can see in person if you like ...for me its virtually impossible to take pictures using leds and get accurate color