hope if you own Tunze's you dont like flow!

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Why do I always have to be the Ahole around here? Sorry guys but you are all fn ridiculous. Before the article came out all the tunze fanboys raved about their powerheads. Now that the article is out everyone wants a handout because Tunze miscalculated their ratings. Are your corals all of a sudden mad because they are not getting enough flow? If the flow was such a issue why didnt anyone bring this up BEFORE the article was made? If these powerheads supposedly killed your corals why didnt you try to rectify the situation before it got worse? Why didn't you add more flow? I stare at my tank for hours on end. I KNOW just by looking at my tank if my corals are getting enough flow regardless of what the package on my powerhead says.

Tunze admitted they where wrong. They are now trying to rectify the situation and make it right for their costumers and all everyone is doing now is kicking them while they are down.

This is the problem with America, everyone thinks everyone owes them something. No one takes responsibility for their own actions. It's not Tunze's fault your tank did not have enough flow, its YOURS for not judging correctly your systems needs. Take responsibility and quit placing blame. Now people are talking about suing them? Really? You guys do realize that when a company is sued and pays out on a lawsuit that that cost is eventually passed down to you, the consumer!! Insurance is a prime example. Every bitches about the cost of insurance but as soon as they have a claim they want to get paid out 200,300,400,500% more then what they put in because the big bad insurance company owes them and if they don't get what they want they hire Norton Frickey to sue the company for millions and guess what, that cost goes right back to you the consumer.

Now if you brought your issue about the mis-advertised flow up with Tunze before the article then I applaud you for doing your research and knowing that something was not right, but those who are now complaining hold no water in their argument. Sorry.

ZenMan and Mike, this is not a personal attack on you guys, please dont take it that way even though it may seem as though I am, I have read countless threads on this situation on RC and see these complaints come in recent threads and I will post this same thing on RC.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;103623 said:
Why do I always have to be the Ahole around here? Sorry guys but you are all fn ridiculous. Before the article came out all the tunze fanboys raved about their powerheads. Now that the article is out everyone wants a handout because Tunze miscalculated their ratings. Are your corals all of a sudden mad because they are not getting enough flow? If the flow was such a issue why didnt anyone bring this up BEFORE the article was made? If these powerheads supposedly killed your corals why didnt you try to rectify the situation before it got worse? Why didn't you add more flow? I stare at my tank for hours on end. I KNOW just by looking at my tank if my corals are getting enough flow regardless of what the package on my powerhead says.
your not the only one i said the same thing ...in less words

djkms;103623 said:
This is the problem with America, ....
move to Pakistan ...lol

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;103623 said:
ZenMan and Mike, this is not a personal attack on you guys, please dont take it that way even though it may seem as though I am, I have read countless threads on this situation on RC and see these complaints come in recent threads and I will post this same thing on RC.
Actually my post was going to be very similar to what you just said. No offense taken at all :)

mdrumm

Butterfly Fish
Its false advertising. No intent element required. Tunze advertised flow of x and they got it wrong. They werent required to advertise the flow. They could have even done an approximation of the flow. But the did not. They presented it as fact and anyone who relied on the fact has a claim. This is not my opinion, this is the law.

mdrumm

Butterfly Fish
DJKMS,

No offense taken. I am analyzing this from a purely legal situation. How many people would have bought a 6305 if it said 3500 gph instead of 7900? Tunze benefited from this mislabeling at a consumer's detriment.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
mikejrice;103630 said:
Oh lol. Forgot there was another Mike here.
lol ...you totally overlooked thier (vortech's) patent lawyer
mdrumm;103631 said:
Its false advertising. No intent element required. Tunze advertised flow of x and they got it wrong. They werent required to advertise the flow. They could have even done an approximation of the flow. But the did not. They presented it as fact and anyone who relied on the fact has a claim. This is not my opinion, this is the law.
but will it hold water (haha) in court ...ill go buy a tunze if your volunteering your services :)

mdrumm

Butterfly Fish
Absolutely. Here are similar class action lawsuits that happened:

Apple Battery Class Action Lawsuit

Girard Gibbs filed a class action lawsuit against Apple on behalf of iPod owners alleging that Apple’s advertising misrepresented that the iPod’s “rechargeable” batteries would last for the life of the iPod and play music for more than 8 hours. Consumers reported that the iPod batteries were instead deteriorating rapidly and often stopped working after only one year. Ultimately, Girard Gibbs achieved a settlement that provided free warranty extensions and battery replacements, as well as cash payments and store credits worth more than $15 million to class members.

Hyundai/Kia Horsepower Class Action Lawsuit

Girard Gibbs filed a class action lawsuit against Hyundai/Kia alleging that the vehicles’ horsepower had been overstated by as much as 9.6 percent. Plaintiffs alleged that because of the horsepower advertisements the defendants were able to sell more vehicles than they would have otherwise and were able to charge more per vehicle. Girard Gibbs negotiated a class-wide settlement that required Hyundai to provide cash or dealer credits to the vehicles’ owners.

Intel Laptop Battery-Life Lawsuit

Girard Gibbs filed a lawsuit against Intel Corp. alleging that Intel took advantage of consumers’ willingness to pay more for laptops with longer battery lives by creating a benchmark test which inflates the battery life estimates of laptops with Intel processers. Consumers report substantially shorter laptop battery lifespans than advertised.

Consumer Protection Laws Involving False Advertising

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
OK Mike I've been wondering something all day. If someone were to press suite against Tunze, would this study be admissible in court due to Vortech's involvement? Would merely pressing it be enough to demand independent testing?

Purely curiosity. I in no way am implying that Vortech would try to modify results.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
sure there are cases similar...and i'm absolulty sure you know more about the "justice" system than i but would you really spend your time on a case like this?
...i'm gonna go see what kinda sales they are having on tunzes ...lol