majicmike's 300 build

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well Martinsreef came over and helped me fix the crack/seam split. The tank did not leak but may have had we not done something. So we put in a support strip 2" x 3/4 " and glued the crap out of it. It is in the sand bed and will not be seen. Thanks again Martin !
[attachment=60887:name]

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well been busy few days preping the house for the 300. Removed the base trim and carpet. We moved the location of the tank to the other wall. I layed out some 6mil plastic to go under the stand just incase of a leak. Any way thanks to the help of other members the tank and stand will get moved in tomorrow.
[attachment=60911:name]

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well with the help of a few members I was able to get it into the house. Thanks again guys!.The went to work on the plumbing it is about half done. I also took some time to clean it up and I think it turned out great. I cant wait until Im able to fill it and put live stock in it I think it is going to be great for the family and friends.
[attachment=60936:name]

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey Mike, sorry I couldn't make it today. I went back to the thread and realized you were starting at noon. This was one of those days morning (before noon) I would've been able to pitch in. Anyhow, glad you got that beast in place!! Did you buff it out already, or did it not even really need it? Was planning on trying to catch up with you as an extra hand on the buffing.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ShelbyJK500;143964 said:
Hey Mike, sorry I couldn't make it today. I went back to the thread and realized you were starting at noon. This was one of those days morning (before noon) I would've been able to pitch in. Anyhow, glad you got that beast in place!! Did you buff it out already, or did it not even really need it? Was planning on trying to catch up with you as an extra hand on the buffing.
Oh I used a car buffer and got it done in like 3 hrs

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
majicmike;143987 said:
Oh I used a car buffer and got it done in like 3 hrs
Awesome, glad to hear you made quick work of it. I wish I would've started with a buffer...doing it by hand is ridiculous. I ended up doing the same, with one of those smaller buffers from Autozone. Looking great!

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
hey mike i think in another thread you mentioned you got some sand from catfish chalries for pretty cheap...what kind of sand was it? i need some for my 55 and i am thinking of seeing what he can do for me. id rather go local then some guy off of ebay or other online store

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks guys! I put myself in a corner so at this point I have no choice but to get it done lol. The flooring guy comes on monday to install the wood so I have to have this room finshed, painted, trimed, and floor in good shape. We also decided to do another room with wood so I have to have that done too.

tlsrcs:
I ordered 300 lbs should be in this week. If you can wait and see what I have left I will sell it to you for .30 cents a pound ;)

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
majicmike;142812 said:
Well Martinsreef came over and helped me fix the crack/seam split. The tank did not leak but may have had we not done something. So we put in a support strip 2" x 3/4 " and glued the crap out of it. It is in the sand bed and will not be seen. Thanks again Martin !
View attachment 5046 View attachment 5045 View attachment 5044
No problem! Glad I could help!

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well got the front room wrapped up for now. have a few things to trim but need to wait until the wood floor is installed. Have to touch up some msised spots on the blue but. need to build a canopy. We are very happy with the way things are turning out.
[attachment=60995:name]

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You ever sleep? Dang dude you work like a mofo... Looks great.