March contest!!! Show your scape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The scape contest!

This month for the contest let’s see your scape. No matter if your corals are grown out or not this is about your rock work. This contest does one of 2 things for our club, it will allow you to show of your creative rock work and help give new and old members alike new ideas!

Contest rules.

1) Photos the more the better while you can win with just one photo we would all like to see how you built your scape.
2) One tank per member/user you may only enter one tank
3) Must be YOUR tank
4) Describe how you did your rock work and materials used.
5) All entries must be in by March 29th

On March 30th a poll will go up and people may vote on the one they like best. The poll will run until Monday April 6th and the winner will be announced April 7th.
The winner will receive a $50 gift card to Gonzos coral frags!

Last edited by a moderator:

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll be watching this one for sure! I need all the help I can get with aquascaping my 180.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: March contest!!! Show your scape!

Great Idea!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
What a great idea!

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

MartinsReef;231304 said:
Great Idea!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Heck yea it is!...I want in on this contest. You know what that means. ;)

j/k...as long as I can build a scape in a cardboard box we're good. lol

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Well, that settles it! ;)

Actually this gives me reason to get some good pics of the 20. Thanks for putting this together.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;231361 said:
Well, that settles it! ;)

Actually this gives me reason to get some good pics of the 20. Thanks for putting this together.
Whats wrong with your tank? I have seen your scape (it cool) post it up and tell us a little about it!

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
majicmike;231375 said:
Whats wrong with your tank? I have seen your scape (it cool) post it up and tell us a little about it!
Oh I will for sure. :) Any potential for a new build is probably months away; I have too much going on to tackle that right now...just giving Martin crap, lol.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
March contest!!! Show your scape!

No one has any rock work? At this point one tank could win this gift card!

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
http://s36.beta.photobucket.com/user/capnscooby138/library/Rockwork
So for my rock work I wanted to make sure there were not any dead spots, so no dead ends. I started by placing "pillar stones", usually in groups of 3 or 4 in the sand. I then capped those with flat stones and repeated the process as I went up. The end result is rock work where a fish can swim into any cave and come out any other cave on any other level. It looks like a house of cards but in reality is quite sturdy. Tons of caves, overhangs, ledges but unfortunately to go this high in a 30" deep tank I had to give up on having a ton of open, unshaded sand. I really like the rock work and my fish and coral seem to too! Oh, yeah.. no putty or pipes were used in this scape!

Last edited by a moderator:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Ya Matt your tank looks sick man!!!! The pics were all working when I looked the first time, wonder why they failed.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't know, for the first hour or so they worked fine... Then out of nowhere, nada!

Status
Not open for further replies.