March contest!!! Show your scape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nuvo 16

It is only a 16 gallon tank so can not really do much but here is what I did. Please ignore the fact that I don't have many corals I just got into this hobby.

Materials: I got the purple rocks in the middle from a tank I purchased (pretty sure that they are man made and dyed) no clue where they came from and the other rocks I got from Evan. He let me take more than I needed, but that gave me options when trying to fit them together into something I liked.

I wanted to have a little bit of everything: exposed sand bed, caves, and go vertical as I can with the rock work while still leaving negative space for sps to grow into.

Everything is held together by gravity and friction (not as impressive as the job gravity is doing for him)

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jeremiah;231791 said:
It is only a 16 gallon tank so can not really do much but here is what I did. Please ignore the fact that I don't have many corals I just got into this hobby.

Materials: I got the purple rocks in the middle from a tank I purchased (pretty sure that they are man made and dyed) no clue where they came from and the other rocks I got from Evan. He let me take more than I needed, but that gave me options when trying to fit them together into something I liked.

I wanted to have a little bit of everything: exposed sand bed, caves, and go vertical as I can with the rock work while still leaving negative space for sps to grow into.

Everything is held together by gravity and friction (not as impressive as the job gravity is doing for him)
Thats a nice little tank! no worries about corals none needed for this contest :D

Reeferpueblo: I like the little valley that is cool, great job! could you tell us a little bit about the way you did it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

majicmike;231810 said:
Thats a nice little tank! no worries about corals none needed for this contest :D

Reeferpueblo: I lick the little valley that is cool great job! could you tell us a little bit about the way you did it.
Mike you might want to spell check that cause that came out a little dirty.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andrew_bram;231832 said:
Mike you might want to spell check that cause that came out a little dirty.
Lol thats spell checked (auto correct) on my phone....lol thank you iPhone lol

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
haha I saw that this morning before work and was laughing to hard to even attempt to call you out on it. :p

Vance

Angel Fish
Here's mine. Was set up to be view from the side not the front... and tried to avoid the stereotypical "rock pile" look so common with cubes. Rock is all stacked on a pvc frame from the return, no glue or anchors all gravity. Really like the openness it leaves behind the rock as there is just enough rock to hide the pvc from view, and made stacking rock high in such a small footprint a lot easier. And the fish love all the caves and ledges it creates, many caves where you can see all the way through to the other side of the tank from all angles.
Front: View attachment 12240
Side View attachment 12241 View attachment 12244
Frame and biggest rock View attachment 12239
Behind big rock View attachment 12242
Large cave on viewing side View attachment 12243

Vance

Angel Fish
Thanks Matt really like yours as well, great use of the flat rocks to make that honeycomb of caves and shelves. Wish I had the space for a tank that size, how many gallons is that?

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Vance;231880 said:
Here's mine. Was set up to be view from the side not the front... and tried to avoid the stereotypical "rock pile" look so common with cubes. Rock is all stacked on a pvc frame from the return, no glue or anchors all gravity. Really like the openness it leaves behind the rock as there is just enough rock to hide the pvc from view, and made stacking rock high in such a small footprint a lot easier. And the fish love all the caves and ledges it creates, many caves where you can see all the way through to the other side of the tank from all angles.
View attachment 12240
View attachment 12241 View attachment 12244
View attachment 12239
View attachment 12242
View attachment 12243
I really like this scape very creative!

Reeferpueblo: I like the little valley that is cool, great job! could you tell us a little bit about the way you did it.[/QUOTE]
just used some epoxy used as many od shaped rocks 2 make lots of caves and holes so there is good water movement

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Vance;231994 said:
Thanks Matt really like yours as well, great use of the flat rocks to make that honeycomb of caves and shelves. Wish I had the space for a tank that size, how many gallons is that?
It's a 90 tall... and it's really tall!

Saltysailor

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots

Well I just completed my scape today in my 200g DD. I used approximately 160lbs of Marco rock. I wanted a canyon type scape with open swim areas and plenty of places to put all of the corals. This will be a true mixed reef tank leaning towards SPS.

My buddy and I did this in a few hours without using any mortar, rods, PVC, etc. Everything is stable without those things.

Without further ado...

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
reeferpueblo;232742 said:
djkms wow nice tank but better be since your a professional absolutely gorges djkms
Thanks for the compliment :)

I just consider myself a hobbyist who happens to be lucky enough to also work in the industry for a great company!

Status
Not open for further replies.