R_P's 120 build!

jgonzz

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
no to my house, but you live 15 min away I would drive it to ya if your home when the time came lol, if not you would have to come get it.

just like fedex you miss the first delivery its on you !

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
so added rock, coral, and...LEDs!!!! imageshack isn't playing nice right now, only issue I'm having is playing with my camera, the pics look way blue. The flash helps but I still can't get the crazy bright oranges and reds to come out.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Right out the box

Front view

Back view

mounts with yoyo's and crazy CRAZY white guy

mounting cables were a tad too long for my purposes, so had to tie them up

S-clip to secure LEDs to yoyo's. The LEDs came with carabeaners (sp) and Lowes sells stuff in sets of 6 (I needed 8) so I ended up using the carabeaners on one set

Mounted 8020 to the wall using 75lbs anchors, figured overkill is the norm so I used 2 per :D.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Now the good stuff
2x400w MH 14000K Hamilton bulbs FTS

Kinda a bad pic, maybe I'll take another one later, 2x240w 20000K LEDs whites and blues on

Whites and Blues w/flash

Just blues, I can't figure out how to get the sweet oranges and red to show up in the pics, they just look blue. Also there is a blue hue to all the LED pics. I don't know how to make it go away, maybe its because I have a $50 point and shoot?

Space Monster

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
If our camera has a shade mode for color balance it will help yellow it up.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll play with the white balance, I don't think I have a shade mode but there is a bunch of scenes I'll look there for shade mode. While I'm at it, I might as well hook up the ACjr for some sweet morning/dusk times too. Any ideas on the timing for these?

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
click on the pic for a bigger version

Finally figured out the white setting on the camera, whatcha think?

One of Andy's baby's

DBTC Flames (I'm fragging soon)

Acans I got from Alex

One of the lobos I'm selling

One of the acan from MTS, very sweet, the green doesn't show up though (DBTC frags healing in the background)

Unknown chalices, still like them

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'll work on the FTS.

Since I'm not moving until at least May, then possible sell off so keep your eye on something you like, I've decided to go ahead with my fish additions. I'm also sticking with the fish addition order I planned on, post #20 I think. I've skipped a few, but oh well. I've heard/read people are keeping 3-4 wrasses in a 60gal, I'm going to try 5-6 wrasses in my 120. Here's some of the wrasses I've been looking at: Condei Fairy, emerald, exquisite fairy, filament flasher, any color coris, labouti, lineatus, McCosker flasher, meranarus, rhomboid, Scott's, and the six line. I added a foxface in October, am I good to add another so soon, as in this month? Also should I add a few at a time, or just one? I'm ok with waiting it out for awhile as I'd rather let the baby percs grow out. But I figure its ok to start looking at start researching/dreaming. So far I have 3xgreen chromis, 2xpercs, 1 mandarin, 1 foxface.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ended up getting a melanarus from Josh. He only dove into the sand for the first night, the next day he was out and about like if he owns the place, jeez. Anyways, I was hoping for ideas on what to do next. I have a fish list that I'm sticking too, so I got the livestock out of the way. I have enough frags to last me a while, and I'm excited to have them grow into colonies. The only other things I could think are maybe a variety of reactors: Calcium, phosban, and I don't know what else. Any ideas on what to do next?