The DR.'s 215 build!!! Finally... :/

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

I would run that cadlights I really think it can keep up. I am running the same g3 that you have as your back up. The hobby is expensive enough. See if what you have works first and if it does then you have more money for corals.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Some guy always has a bigger skimmer. ...life is easier if you just realize that it is not the size of the skimmer that matters, it is the motion of the... Wait! Maybe I am thinking of something else.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

Was on evil empire looking at LEDs and found another company selling what appears to be the same lights you have for $150.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

MuralReef;257133 said:
Was on evil empire looking at LEDs and found another company selling what appears to be the same lights you have for $150.
I actually found them and did a "best offer" got them for 140!

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

What lights are you running? I'm trying to figure out what to do with my 210!!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
by the way, they took "best offer" of 140 each delivers. I ordered this weekend and I'll have tomorrow according to ups. So, 4 business days!

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Do you like them? I really want to run Sols but I really don't want to pay for them!!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
They are NOT AI's for sure. The color is good though, two dimmers...and switches. the fans are quiet. They can not ramp up and down, no programming of multiple colors etc. Basic on and off of the 2 channels. That being said, for $420 for three, I do like them. Corals are responding well to them. If you NEED the AI's just get them. If you can wait a year or two, or will be happy with these long term, get them. If you are the type that needs the bells and whistles, save up for the ai's. Although, these do seem to have good resale value.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Exhausted! Overflows loud! Any suggestions appreciated. They are the mega flows. I am feeling stupid for not doing the herbie again.