The DR.'s 215 build!!! Finally... :/

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did the tahitian make the move OK. It it happy with the clean system?

Mark the level of the media in your CaRx chamber with a crayon or something. It is fun to watch it go down. When you get to about 60 drops, you will need to measure effluent in MLs since it will start to stream.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Just tested! Alk at 8.5 and calcium at 500. This is exactly the same as it was 2 days ago when I brought the reactor online. I know I'll need to adjust as the coral starts to grow again after the move. For now, this is as stable as I have ever had!

I got this thing to put the ph probe into the reactor.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Coralline will probably be your first big consumer.

When you cannot count the drops anymore, you measure the effluent in ML. Right around 90, or so, they get hard to count... so you count out 60 or 90 drips (just pick one) and figure out the ML... and you do this 4 or 5 times and figure out the average. Then, you use the MLs in your ratio.

If you ever get to the point where you cannot count CO2 bubbles, then you probably have too much coral on your hands. You can still count 120 a minute pretty easily. I have never really gotten above 30 or 40 and I have had SPS colonies that would need fragged every month to keep from growing together.

You can also test the PH of the effluent. It should stay the same as the ratio goes up.

In reality, you get the hang of it and can just look at it and see. It is kinda like setting the timing or adjusting valves on an old car - once you do it enough, you just know.

Once you CaRX, you never want to go back.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Who is using a reefkeeper? I am trying to update the firmware on my reefkeeper light and the pc 4's. To do this I need to install the My Reef 2.0 and then use the new SID 2.0 (which I need to have DA uograde from my old one, this ****es me off!) I can not seem to even install the my reef 2.0 on my computer, I have Windows XP. It keeps telling me to check the .Net. I have updated the .Net and restarted. Does anyone know how to help me? or have a newer computer... or the sid 2.0... This is a total pita!

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;258096 said:
Who is using a reefkeeper? I am trying to update the firmware on my reefkeeper light and the pc 4's. To do this I need to install the My Reef 2.0 and then use the new SID 2.0 (which I need to have DA uograde from my old one, this ****es me off!) I can not seem to even install the my reef 2.0 on my computer, I have Windows XP. It keeps telling me to check the .Net. I have updated the .Net and restarted. Does anyone know how to help me? or have a newer computer... or the sid 2.0... This is a total pita!
I have a Sid 2.0 you can borrow. That's most likely the issue the firmware is meant for the updated 2.0 so.... I'm in aurora.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Thanks for the offer! I think I'll just send them mine to be updated. I think I have the software running? I hate pc's! This would be done with an apple product. Lol

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've got one also, I'm in Littleton if you are interested.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Looks good buddy! Is the water clear enough for more pics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
MuralReef;258228 said:
Looks good buddy! Is the water clear enough for more pics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
Yea. Clear. My slimmer fell off the top of the tank and........ Bad things happened. I now have a slimmer that is held together with zip ties. Hopefully it'll grow over it quickly! We're in wheatridge toll tomorrow for the state swim meet.