120g new bild any ideas?

OK so far this is what i have done

All the holes were drilled for 1 inch bulkheads, there are 7 in big tank 1 in sump tank.

The big tank has 2 -1 inch drains in the overflow box I had made. I'm only looking to get 1000 gph to run the sump setup. The return pump will run to an upper and a lower bulkhead, where each one will split into 2 nozzles each, or that is what I was thinking?

The other 3 bulkheads I wanted to run a closed loop system with one drain and then 2 to pump back in for flow. I was told a 2000 gph would work well, does that sound right?

The bottom 2 bulkheads will be plumbed to the front of the tank and split into two with two directional nozzles each.

Ok, so the sump will run in flow over to the protein skimmer area the over to the sand bed and then over to where I will be able to pump back out. i have it built for internal or external pump. all divider are a little lower then the other creating a cascade.

Behind the sump on the stand I will be pounding out 2 large holes for plumbing and air to go into the other room where the tank will sit, I'm only looking at a 3 to 4 foot height difference from tank to tank. The canopy when made will be completely closed with a

fan and duct work into my sump room which is a 10 by 15 ish feet concrete room and so far has been a good constant temp (obviously hasn't been too cold yet, but it was steady in the hot summer).

my next step is to plumb the tank and run it into the other room and want to make sure that i don't forget to add something important! im adding unions and ball valves and a pin hole for a syphon break. im not to sure what to look for in the closed loop???

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
WoW!! What a great first build. I have no experience with large tanks so I will be no help with your questions, but there are some tank Gods on here that can and will help you out. Excited to see the progression.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just noticed you are in Lakewood. I am in the same hood so if you need help let me know.

Cool man yeah just about done with laying out the plumbing once i last couple of things I'll be ready to test my closed loop! I'll let u know and u can come check it out!