60 Gallon predator tank

So I'm getting ready to set up a 60 Gallon predator tank. Just wanted to get some opinions on stocking. As of right now I have a 12 in snowflake eel that is going in. I was also thinking a dwarf lion, and marine betta. Any other suggestions of cool aggressive fish for this tank?

Vance

Angel Fish
You could do a group of fuzzys or zebra dwarf lions. Be careful mixing males though, even of different species. Please do not mix triggers and puffers with lions, the long strands of tissue hanging off their fins are too tempting. In my experience one or the other will die from envenomation or infection.

Really depends on how much care you want to give the tank. Predators are messy and add a lot to bioload. Are you going fish only, reef, fowlr? Lions and your eel are not tolerant of copper so most ick and chemical algae remedy's wont work in this system.

Yeah trigger and puffer are out for me on this tank. Already have a valentini puffer in my other tank. And grouper might be difficult as well that's why I thought marine betta. The smallest grouper I know of would still be too big. And it's going to be a reef.. But only soft corals and LPS. Corals that don't mind a higher nutrient load.

Vance

Angel Fish
Anglers can and will eat lions bigger than themselves, and without killing themselves. Have you looked at the other species of scorpionfish? Cockatoos, wasps, leaffish, goblins? I would stay away from rhinos. Im a bit biased when it comes to scorps, but squirrelfish maybe? Marine betta might be in about the same class as those behavior and diet wise, so would really be your preference.

Vance

Angel Fish
Hahahaha I guess the forum didn't like the first four letters of that scorps name. Here's a scientific Ablabys taenionotus

Yeah I like the marine bettas for sure. But I'm kind of wanting to do oddball predators.. Which scorpions would be good. I've seen the leaf fish but I'm not sure about the goblins. When the other guy said grouper I thought about a panther.. But they're way too big for a 60

Vance

Angel Fish
Goblins bury themselves in the sand, like a flounder or wobbegong shark. Only the eyes and a couple spines sticking out.

Vance

Angel Fish
I loved my leafs, don't plan on them keeping the color they are when you buy them, its camouflage and will change. Very animated fish, with awesome personality, especially when they begin to associate you with food and start begging.

Vance

Angel Fish
Hamlet would be a good choice IMO, just make sure your more finicky eaters are weaned onto frozen and comfortable in your feeding method and schedule before adding a more aggressive eater like that. I know weaning my volitian lion with my harlequin tusk thinking everything is hers was a royal PITA!

Right on, I know I need to keep my stocking list light which is why a leaf fish would be cool because they stay smaller. I know with a snowflake, dwarf lion, and one more in a 60 is pushing it

Vance

Angel Fish
If you are thinking about just one lion can I recommend a mombassa, radiata, or antenna? Dwarfs get petty big considering the name, those three species are just an inch or two bigger. Just something a little different than the typical dwarf everyone has. They are seasonally collected though, so you may have to sign up for in stock alerts or keep a close eye on divers den.