Acro grow i

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
TheRealChrisBrown;363490 said:
Thanks! I've been wondering the dimensions of your piece, looks like incredible growth.
His wasn't a square, it was an edge piece. Though it was about 1/2 the size of your guys'.

Lesson learned on A. Sol.. Use rim pieces for grow out. But Luke on not in the grow out so no worries there.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Just an FYI for everyone in the contest, we are supposed to be posting our final pics and measurements this week!!! Let's see how everyone did!

Final Photo: Nov 16th to Nov 23rd

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
My final Pics and Measurements. For total growth contest I was at 1 1/4 - 7/8 = 3/8 of an inch. I began at 7/8 x 7/8 and now I have 1 1/4 by 1 1/4 by measuring the longest 2 sides where the coral has grown out it's fingers. My 6 month growth estimate was 3/4 of an inch so I over estimated by 3/8 of an inch (7/8+3/4=1 5/8, 1 5/8 - 1 1/4= 3/8). I did not get measurements at 3 month mark (I have July and October measurements, but no August).

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Okay so my estimates were way off. Mine is about 7/8 of an inch by 1 inch and has spent most of its time encrusting rather than growing out. But it is growing. I had my 6 month at two and a quarter I think inches so I wasn't even close

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BrianH;365422 said:
The aefw that got into my system thought that it was delicious. I'm out. :(
Ah man, I am sorry to hear that. Did you get rid of them?

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
ReeferMatt;365450 said:
Ah man, I am sorry to hear that. Did you get rid of them?
I think so. Im pulling everything out and QTing them before they go in my new tank. The new tank also has new rock/sand so hopefully the problem will be solved.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
fiji4118;365428 said:
Okay so my estimates were way off. Mine is about 7/8 of an inch by 1 inch and has spent most of its time encrusting rather than growing out. But it is growing. I had my 6 month at two and a quarter I think inches so I wasn't even close
Although I guess if I measure that and added it up it would be close. No prizes so no real reason to figure it out

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
fiji4118;365510 said:
Although I guess if I measure that and added it up it would be close. No prizes so no real reason to figure it out
There is still the cash prizes assuming quillin didn't run off with the prize money.