Another noob post about which LEDs to buy

Yes...I know this has been asked a bazillion times but I'm wanting advice on a relatively inexpensive led setup for a 75 gal. 49x20x18. I have both hard and soft coral and fish. As always... Thanks for the advice. :)

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Coral Xpression on scmas has some really nice ones. Think they are 200. He had a group buy thread on here.

David

kio707

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Check out the thread, covers everything. The short story is a bunch of ppl buy the LEDs and the order comes in. Keeps them cheap and multiple ppl get what they wanted.

Example of them on my tank

David

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
AI in general is good light ai sol, ai vega, ai hydra

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bush keep a list of everyone that wants in on the group buy, once he has the quantity needed to place the order, he asks everyone to pay him, once he has all the funds, he wire transfers the money and the order. You can really get a great price on some nice leds that way.

shannonlewis1980;260693 said:
Can't beat that price if the lights are quality... but how exactly does a group buy work?

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
those ai hydras are sick!!!!!!!!! I want them in a bad, kinda wrong, way. At almost 1300 for my new tank i think i'll need to wait.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andrew_bram;260815 said:
I live my Vegas.
I wonder how this works? :p

On other notes, If you would consider DIY hit me up. I have made my fixtures and they turned out epic! :p AI's are good. I would avoid Radeons, they are expensive and a bit tricky to tone in. And also Reef Brights are a little expensive but the color you get out of them is phenomenal.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
kio707;260796 said:
The ones Bush sells are similar, but way cheaper.

David
Nope, that price is for two fixtures (and with my ebay coupon it worked out to $151 each). I would have joined the group buy (I like to support our sponsors) but getting them shipped twice (china, the springs) would have been over my budget.