Anyone running AI Prime? Settings?

mwirth1

Cleaner Shrimp
Curious to see if anyone else is running this light on their small, or nano, reef tank? If so, what settings are you running?

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

My settings:
2 hour sunrise
3 hour sunset
No weather or lunar effects.
Minimal (1%) blue and cool blue for a few hours after "sunset".

cremer9

Butterfly Fish
I go off the sunrise and sunset on the web for my zip code after I aklamated for a couple weeks I do 2 hour ramp with sunrise and sunset running every thing at 60% then at noon I pull everything up to like 90% at night i am leaving some blue and ultra on Im still tweeking it I woke up around 3 in the AM and it seamed to bright with the new light I am seeing some new hair alge so maybe be I will go 0% at night

cremer9

Butterfly Fish
Dont just blow canned air for the dust that build up on the top screen I did it a couple times and got the fan out of balance started making noise after that they sent me a new one and the new firmware dont run the fan 27/7 it only runs as needed.Next time it starts building up with dust I willl power down ,pull apart and Brush it all out But it could be just cheap china made fan's only time will tell either way they are easy to change

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
what size tank do you have? we got one for my daughters 8 gallon nano, wondering about % for the highlight.

mwirth1;353530 said:
Curious to see if anyone else is running this light on their small, or nano, reef tank? If so, what settings are you running?

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

My settings:
2 hour sunrise
3 hour sunset
No weather or lunar effects.
Minimal (1%) blue and cool blue for a few hours after "sunset".

mwirth1

Cleaner Shrimp
Dr.HarlemTutu;355165 said:
what size tank do you have? we got one for my daughters 8 gallon nano, wondering about % for the highlight.
Its a 20 gallon high. Light is about 6" from water surface. Should be a great light for an 8 gallon!

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
cremer9;355264 said:
maybe i should lower my red mwirth1 have you noticed more hair alge with the new lamp
In theory, the red can encourage algae. Although, it's only 1 bulb. Not sure how that works into the equation.