asneiman's 6 foot 105 gal tank build

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Equipment:

• 6 foot x 18" x 19" 1/2" thick acrylic tank (about 105 gallons)
  • Cherry stand and canopy
  • 3 AJM Reef LED's - Full spectrum / Dimable lights
  • ASM G3 skimmer
  • Little Giant 4-MDQX-SC pump
  • MP40
  • Little Fishes media reactor
  • Acrylic sump/fuge - 30 x 14 x 16 - with built in float valve. - 29 gal if full - Float valve turns off at 15 gal.

The purpose of this tank was to give me a larger tank for corals, fish, and chemical imbalances. I wanted a 6 foot long tank, to give me more space for corals, and spread the weight out. The 6 foot long base, also allowed me to use a larger sump, and still have some storage space underneath.

The tank is one of Gary's (artfuldodger) tanks, and Rob helped me pick out a ton of equipment for it, or should I say Rob helped me spend my money. The stand/canopy came from Jack's friend, and the rock, sump, pump, skimmer came from a 135 glass tank I found on Craigslist. I didn't go with that take, because my wife found a chip in the glass. Watercolorguy (Mike) now has that tank.

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here is a pic of the tank in place and the RO water starting to fill. This one is for Brent.

[attachment=64091:name]

This is the holes for the bulkheads. I don't know why I took this pic, but I figured I might as well post it.

[attachment=64092:name]

These are the ball valves after they've been installed. I was going to put them in the middle of the tubing, but like having them attached to the bulkheads.

[attachment=64093:name]

Some pics of the sump. Which I really like. For the past several years I've been running AIO's, and the last sump I had was 7 or so years ago, and was an old W/D.

[attachment=64094:name]

[attachment=64095:name]

[attachment=64096:name]

Here is a pic of the pump (Does anyone want to buy it? It makes a ton of noise, and pushes too much water). Honestly, I do not know if it's the pump, my durso's, overflow, or what, but I had to turn down the ball valve on this guy, because the drains couldn't keep up. I have the tank in my study, and will need to replace the pump for something that is as loud.

[attachment=64097:name]

Here is my first stab at the rockscape. The pile on the left will be removed, as I need to use that space for the rock in my biocube.

[attachment=64098:name]

More pics to come....

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Some other tidbits. All of the hoses are 1", and it is currently a bare bottom tank. I do plan on adding sand, just haven't gotten to it yet. I have one of the lights that I bought from Luke.Fraizer, the other 2 were ordered today. I also have some moon lights I will need to install.

I will take more pics and post them as things are changed.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Sweet, I have to live through others builds as mine seems to be so slow. Tank looks great, can't wait to see this stocked up. Nice job Alan.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

asneiman;235457 said:
Thanks Brent. I still need to pick up that power center, and buy some of your zoa's.
Just give me a ring when you want to come by.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
BPreefer;235456 said:
Sweet, I have to live through others builds as mine seems to be so slow. Tank looks great, can't wait to see this stocked up. Nice job Alan.
That's cause he changed his mind worse than my 8 yr old haha

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lights are in, and installed. The 2 outer ones are the brand new ones, I put the used one in the middle. I have the lights adjusted at 30 or so % right now, not wanting to burn any corals. I also still have a lot of rockwork left to do.

[attachment=64138:name]

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Brent. Only the right side in that pic is done. I need to finish the middle section. The left section will be reserved for the rock in my BC29

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
So, I sold my ASM G1 this past Saturday, because I was planning on using a ASG G3 from Gary's equipment. It took me 2 days to find all of the plumbing connections, and guess what. The skimmer won't fit in my sump.

Urgh!!

[attachment=64178:name]

[attachment=64179:name]