ATO reservoir

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Anyone have a suggestion for a new ATO top-off reservoir container? I've been using a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket, but realize that plastic probably isn't the best to be using. It doesn't have to look too pretty since it is hidden, but it does need to have some kind of lid. So what's everyone using?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I use a 40 gallon brute but my needs might be a bit different than yours! For the 180 I'm using a 10 gallon aquarium.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;364114 said:
This is what I use for my ATO reservoir :p I actually have a few so that I can fill up from my RO/DI storage container and just swap them out every few days. This is my method of making sure that I can never destroy my tank with a faulty ATO delivering unrestricted amounts of RO/DI directly from the unit.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-Desert-Patrol-6-Gal-Water-Jug/16537207

Haha that's actually exactly what I use to refill the bucket! Guess I could just get another of those.

I got mine from aquatic art. White 5 gallon with large screw off lid with a punch out in the middle for the ato wires. Pump fits into the container with ease.
I am using the tunze ato.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;364116 said:
I use a 40 gallon brute but my needs might be a bit different than yours! For the 180 I'm using a 10 gallon aquarium.
Yeah, I'd say your top-off water needs are a little different than mine!

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
DJBM3;364119 said:
I got mine from aquatic art. White 5 gallon with large screw off lid with a punch out in the middle for the ato wires. Pump fits into the container with ease.
I am using the tunze ato.
Good thinking. That should let me see the water level easily. I am also using a tunze ATO.

Yea you can see the water level and the pump inside. Nice to know that it is sitting in the jug correctly.

[ IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/09/upa7ame2.jpg[/IMG]

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yep I was also going to suggest the blue life 5 gallon containers sold at AA as well. I have used them many times in a pinch prior to have my permanent ATO system in place. In fact I'm using one right now for my frag tank Until I get the energy to tie it in with my main ATO used for the other two tanks.

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use the same type of setup and use a funnel to refill it.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
BrianH;364172 said:
I use the same a DJBM3. I can get new ones through work for $9 if you want some.
Thanks for the offer! Sounds like Mike has me covered.

MuralReef;364173 said:
I have four at school want one?
I'll take one if you don't need them all. Otherwise I can grab one from Brian. Thanks!

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I prefer heavy duty Rubbermaids myself. Tons of different sizes so you can maximize how much volume of water you can have for a given area.