Avast Swabbie

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I have seen a few reefers on RC using these to keep their skimmers clean. I am wondering if anyone has experience with these and if it is worth the investment. My current skimmer gets heavy build up after just a day or two. With the possibility of a new skimmer n the horizon I am considering something to help me keep it clean.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I did some research on these seems as though people love them however it seems to kill the bubble column for a short period of time. We need to find some threads of long term use on this thing and see if it really keeps the skimmer running at peak levels. I'd be interested in one as mine gets heavy buildup after a few days.

Avast Swabbie

I have read great reviews. I have an Avast skimmer but not the swabbie. They have great customer service and build nice stuff. When you call you can always get a hold of the owner, I believe his name is Jason and he will always answer your questions.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had a avast cone w the swabbie and had a heck of time dialing it in so sold it!!! Very cool but never had long term use w it!!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I almost got one but in the end its just another piece of equipment that will need to be cleaned. I clean my skimmer cup and neck once a week anyways.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;239169 said:
I almost got one but in the end its just another piece of equipment that will need to be cleaned. I clean my skimmer cup and neck once a week anyways.
Yea kinda what I was thinking as well. Just more stuff to unplug and clean.