Battle Corals and Aqua SD Group Buy

Jacob H

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey, There seem to be some people interested in group buys especially when we can save on shipping. This post is to setup a group buy from Adam at Battlecorals. The idea is for everyone interested to respond and post the corals they wish to purchase as part of the group buy, you can check out his website here: https://battlecorals.com/.
Once we have enough to get over the shipping cost one of us will place the order and be reimbursed for each members corals. Whoever orders should be able to maintain a certain amount of Acropora frags until everyone comes to pickup their pieces. I may be willing to do this.

Typically Adam also includes some freebies in his orders. As part of the group buy we could use a lottery system in order to determine who gets these free frags, stickers, or brush items.

Also going to add Aqua SD to this thread as another option for people to group buy with. Same thing as the Battlecorals one, post here that you are interested and what corals you want. Once we have enough people to buy and reach free shipping we can place an order. Link for ASD: https://aquasd.com/

Anyone interested in group buying from Aqua SD or/and Battlecorals please post your interest below!

Last edited:

Jacob H

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
The individual frag prices are fairly high but Adam at BattleCorals is normally willing to bundle pieces for a reasonable price if you talk to him about it.

Last edited:

Jacob H

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I will personally be buying from both if we can get a group buy together. I will keep a running list here too for anyone interested and the corals you have expressed interest in

Aqua SD:
  • kchristensen8064
  • Jacob H

Battlecorals:
  • Jacob H
  • Dr.DiSilicate
  • scchase
  • Visualsnow
  • 3 others not on forums

Last edited:

Jacob H

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Are there discounts for purchasing pieces or is it prices listed on the site and this is to save the shipping costs?
For aqua SD it would be the prices listed, for Battlecorals I can typically get us a discount if we order enough individual pieces. This is mostly just to save on shipping or to get a large discounted Battlecorals order together.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I might be interested in a piece or 2 from Battlecorals though I dont have a ton of room these days

Jacob H

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've got some interest in a Battlecorals order from a few people not on the forums so I figured we may be nearing or at enough people to get an order going. I will start messaging people for what corals they want to get and get pricing figured out

Jacob H

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Alright I have updated the current list for people interested in a battlecorals group buy and am in the process of making the official list of corals to order. So for everyone interested what date would work best for everyone to place the order? Once it is placed and delivered to whoever holding the corals I want to be sure that they are not holding on to everyone's corals for too long before pickup.

Jacob H

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Okay everyone so we are almost ready to place the order for Battlecorals. As of now I still need to hear back from a few people on whether or not the prices work for them and I need to schedule a date that works. Please try to get back to me on the messages here about what dates would work for you. Ideally I or someone else would receive the order and they would all be picked up within a week.

Jacob H

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Probably too late for this go around, but a huge battlebox and a snake draft has been fun for clubs in the past. Heard of a club that got something like 80 corals and 10 people drafting. Adam does not ship turds, so everybody was happy.
Yeah I thought about doing something like this. I know his Battleboxes are awesome from experience. It's too late to do that now on this order but that would be a good idea for the future, would make for an amazing club meeting.