Best thing to buy?

Justin144

Butterfly Fish
What's the best thing you've bought for your tank? (Skimmers,dosers, controllers) etc
Be specific as to why it's so great to you and your tank.

reason why I ask is cause I'm thinking of what I should buy for my tank next, equipment wise.
Thanks

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Best thing to buy?

Bubble magus doser... saves me sooooooo much time and hassle.

Sent from my C771

Best thing to buy?

RODI system, quality heater on a controller, auto top off, reefkeeper controller for price but would like to upgrade to a better controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best thing to buy?

What are you thinking of getting ? What things do you already have ??

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Apex - can program conditions and it's an awesome tool to automate. Pricey but I ran the reef for 5 yrs without it. Now I truely have piece of mind. Worth every penny.

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Best thing to buy?

Controller! End of story.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Controller, by far the best not to mention cheapest route. Think about what 500 gets you. Ato, light control, timers for dosing, ph and temp control, wave maker, calcium reactor control. Turn off pumps, skimmers during feeding or dosing fuel etc etc. Or make sure your heater isn't on while your chiller is running. See what's using power. Monitor it all on your phone. Your gone all night and wife/partner/gf/bf doesn't know how to turn off pumps to feed. Press a button and done.
Ato - 200 (tunze)
Light control - 75 (ai controller for sols)
Ph monitor - 100 (pinpoint ph monitor)
Tunze wave maker - 250 (for controllable pumps)
Temp control - 50
Dosing timers - 3 @ 6$
Total = 700$

Piece of mind that your cheap timer won't stick or your heater won't stick = PRICELESS

Sure wish I had one on my 90 2 weeks ago. I do on my 30

Even better get an apex to control multiple tanks. Which is what I'm in the works of doing.