Blue Agaves zoas - one time deal

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
You guys need to grow those out and sell some frags to spread around, those are BEAUTIFUL!

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey, everyone that bought in on these. Where do you have em placed in your tank? High/med/low flow and high/medium/low light?

Mine were doing great in med flow and medium light - trippled in size, but have been a little finnicky lately. I don't want to lose these!

I bought 5 and now have 11 they are middle of the tank medium flow you can see them under the eagle eyes and fire and ice. View attachment 11007
Munch;217381 said:
Hey, everyone that bought in on these. Where do you have em placed in your tank? High/med/low flow and high/medium/low light?

Mine were doing great in med flow and medium light - trippled in size, but have been a little finnicky lately. I don't want to lose these!

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Whats your params by chance?

I'm at 1.025
Alk is 12
Mag is 1440
Calcium is 500
PH 8.4 - 8.6
Temp 78.2 - 78.8
Phosphates were a bit high at .5
Ammonia, Nitrates and Nitrites were 0

Under Kessil a350w LED

Blue Agaves zoas - one time deal

Mine are half way up a 24" tank under leds and t5s. Mine have grown from three polyps to thirteen now. I would say they are in medium flow. I would send a pic but tapatalk said Im out of iploads until I upgrade,lol.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I might need you guys to babysit mine!

I've got a pair of peppermint shrimp in the tank, wondering if they are messing with them.

My ph is usually around 8.1, calcium is 420-450 temp 79.1, dont test mag or alk, and I haven't tested nitrates and nitrites or ammonia in a long time I do weekly 5 gal water changes.

I think it may be the lighting??? I am under leds too but only using a quarter of full power on a 165w light. I also have peppermint but they dont seem to bother anything I currently have.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah, I moved them down in the tank. We'll see if it helps. Most of the rest of my zoas are doing great. I have two others that are semi closed up as well. Didn't see any nuisance critters, so I think I'm ok there.

I let my tank water changes slip from weekly to about 10 days near Xmas, and I'm back ontop of it now. Wonder if they liked the dirtier water?

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have heard that, and with my high Calclium and Alkon freshly made salt being on the high side, maybe I'll let em ride dirty for a bit.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Blue Agaves zoas - one time deal

Def touchy suckers ill say that much!!! You all have done better than me. I have only 5 left and they barely open. But I have some other zoas doing well :D

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah, thats what spooked me. When you told me about the issues you had, I thought oh ****, here mine go now.

my salinity is 1.025-1.026 I am a little low (1.024) right now after switching from my 28 gallon to the 30 gallon. Will fix that with the next water change. Chad you want me to take yours and revive them???